Lt. Commander
# 31
02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Honestly, having played a bit of klingon and feds up to admiral, I'd have to say that:

Yes, a lot of feds really do need to L2Play.
rofl....and yet lately i have met some challenging feds, oooh i've also been winning lately with my feds.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
If I am reading some of these posts right. You want Klingons to not only have 0 power to shields, but 0 power to weapons while cloaked? What kind of sense would that make?
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
If I am reading some of these posts right. You want Klingons to not only have 0 power to shields, but 0 power to weapons while cloaked? What kind of sense would that make?
Thats why in the shows and movies they dont fire while cloaked. Thats also why that one bird of prey was so deadly in the last star trek movie. It was a special prototype that could fire while cloaked.

Im more of a klingon player than a fed player so this isnt a nerf the klingons post. I dont really want anything changed to be honest as a klingon player but it would make more sense and cut down on the decloak and massacre problem.

Feds can target a single target JUST like klingons can and thats is the most effective way to deal with a group is mass fire on one target. But remember the klingons can drive to a spot, pick out a victum, discuss the pros and cons of that victum being the target. They can also discuss previous times dealing with each in the target list, past fights, past behavior seen from the targets, etc. All the while the feds are twitching like a pack of mice in a lab waiting to be picked off.

After the klingons decide on a victum they all know exactly who they are going to fire on, everyone gets in position and then all decloak at once firing on that one person. Full weapons power and poof no more fed. From that momemnt on its even since everyones on equal footing.

Now lets look at it if the changes I sugested were done.

The klingons still do everything they would normally do but when they first decloak their weapon power is at 0 or 5 or whatever. Those first few shots are not going to do much. Even with 5 guys shooting one target the fews few moments are very low dps. By the time the dps is back up to full the feds have had time to respond, heal, concentrate firepower, etc. Then its pretty equal from then on.

As a klingon, I'll hate it But to be honest its fair. Just think of those few moments when you first rush back to the fight after getting killed. Those first shots dont do much but you get back up to full power pretty quick. So its not going to ruin the klingons and it makes sense when you look at why you cant fire while cloaked. Theres no power to fire with, not to mention if you had all the power radiating thru those weapons you wouldnt be able to mask that with a cloak now would you?

As of now 5 klingons can sit there with beam overload powered up, decloak and insta kill a fed. The fed cant run reverse shield polarity all the time now can they?
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrowz View Post
Thats why in the shows and movies they dont fire while cloaked. Thats also why that one bird of prey was so deadly in the last star trek movie. It was a special prototype that could fire while cloaked.

Im more of a klingon player than a fed player so this isnt a nerf the klingons post. I dont really want anything changed to be honest as a klingon player but it would make more sense and cut down on the decloak and massacre problem.

Feds can target a single target JUST like klingons can and thats is the most effective way to deal with a group is mass fire on one target. But remember the klingons can drive to a spot, pick out a victum, discuss the pros and cons of that victum being the target. They can also discuss previous times dealing with each in the target list, past fights, past behavior seen from the targets, etc. All the while the feds are twitching like a pack of mice in a lab waiting to be picked off.

After the klingons decide on a victum they all know exactly who they are going to fire on, everyone gets in position and then all decloak at once firing on that one person. Full weapons power and poof no more fed. From that momemnt on its even since everyones on equal footing.

Now lets look at it if the changes I sugested were done.

The klingons still do everything they would normally do but when they first decloak their weapon power is at 0 or 5 or whatever. Those first few shots are not going to do much. Even with 5 guys shooting one target the fews few moments are very low dps. By the time the dps is back up to full the feds have had time to respond, heal, concentrate firepower, etc. Then its pretty equal from then on.

As a klingon, I'll hate it But to be honest its fair. Just think of those few moments when you first rush back to the fight after getting killed. Those first shots dont do much but you get back up to full power pretty quick. So its not going to ruin the klingons and it makes sense when you look at why you cant fire while cloaked. Theres no power to fire with, not to mention if you had all the power radiating thru those weapons you wouldnt be able to mask that with a cloak now would you?

As of now 5 klingons can sit there with beam overload powered up, decloak and insta kill a fed. The fed cant run reverse shield polarity all the time now can they?
i agree with almost everything you say, and its what ive come to feel for quite some time now. i believe that a good klingon group can NOT lose a pvp fight even from a good fed group due to many small advantages.

second i recently came to believe its not the cloak thats the real issue, its the powers in conjunction with the cloak thats so al mighty powerfull: cloak+T3/T4 powers+ cannon weapons (max even in cloak)= carnage

how to balance better, i dont know.

now lore wise u are just wrong. multiple examples can be found mostly in DS9 where its clear that even while cloaked the klingon ships have full power to weapons. episodes like the retaking of DS9 where an entife klingon battle group decloaks on an already engaged dominion fleet vs federation. as they decloak the spew their weapons and where they do ships burst into flame.
also the episode where the rotaran lies in ambush behind a seemingly damaged defiant destroys jem hadar ships like bugs while it decloaks.
good examples of why lore wise the klingons should have full power to weapons while cloaked
but hey episodes are written by writters telling a good story while a game is created by programmers