Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I had a klingon player spamming this on me tonight. It puts all your abilities into a 15+ second cooldown including Science and Engineering teams so you're basically dead in the water while he completely destroys you. All you can do is sit there and watch it happen.

This is fun? This takes skill? This is balanced?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
I had a klingon player spamming this on me tonight. It puts all your abilities into a 15+ second cooldown including Science and Engineering teams so you're basically dead in the water while he completely destroys you. All you can do is sit there and watch it happen.

This is fun? This takes skill? This is balanced?
Same abilities can be used by federation; ask a team mate to hit you up with the ST.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
Same abilities can be used by federation; ask a team mate to hit you up with the ST.
Well my point is it's extremely overpowered. Anything that makes a player helpless for that long and lets his enemy auto-win, regardless which side does it, needs fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 10:57 PM
not exactly a single button, but you have a (Sad) point. i would be in favor of most skills being nerfed back to the stone age and ships actually relying on a hint of skill rather than who can spam the most crap.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Sounds like my old bird of prey setup. Ah i miss that ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Why didn't you pre-stack reduction skills like dampening field, hazard emitters, etc? Or just pre-RSP before getting subnuked? But more importantly, why didn't your mates support you with extend shields, science teams, etc? The key is teamwork, and a coordinated team should fully support a subnuked mate immediately. Once that has been done, then your team knows which target has priority (the one who uses subnucleonic beam) and you'll know to shut them down asap next time. It's a challenging skill to deal with but it's completely manageable with a coordinated team.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
Why didn't you pre-stack reduction skills like dampening field, hazard emitters, etc? Or just pre-RSP before getting subnuked? But more importantly, why didn't your mates support you with extend shields, science teams, etc? The key is teamwork, and a coordinated team should fully support a subnuked mate immediately. Once that has been done, then your team knows which target has priority (the one who uses subnucleonic beam) and you'll know to shut them down asap next time. It's a challenging skill to deal with but it's completely manageable with a coordinated team.
because you can't see subnuc before it hits you. and truthfully the whole "teamwork teamwork teamwork" arguement is a very tired defense.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Science team 2 doesnt always work, more of a hit or miss on removing VM something like 50%
Have better luck on my klingon with attack pattern omega 3 on removing it 100%
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2010, 12:32 AM
hehe why so complicated ? Just disable shield, hit snb and spacebar enemy to death...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2010, 12:36 AM
There is alot of abilities Cryptic should take out, because it's no longer Star Trek, it's "Battle of the Abilities".