Lt. Commander
.. you should delete yourself an head over the ****! these games love nothing more then gimps who cant pvp an need to use cheap tactics to replace any form of skil! thank you this is brought to you by citam, an other ******s who cant do anything but spam this attack over an over again! gods i hope they tone that crap down at some point or pvp here is gonna be about as active as Lotro was.. an about as relevent at least ground wise..
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Cool story bro.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 07:14 AM
I think hold/expose is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesn't afraid of anything...

honestly - ground pvp is silly exactly because of that mechanic which is why alot of us never even been there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 10:04 AM
nobody does ground pvp specifically because it is completely broken. Have you looked at the queue times? nobody does it. expose/exploit needs to be removed from ground pvp.....hell just turn it into an FPS. I don't even like FPS, but it would be a hell of a lot more fun to play than the current garbage implemented. at least an FPS system would free our skill points for ship skills.

Short of that. we need a system that allows all skill sets to actually be helpful. what good is a healer if you get one shot in a matter of seconds? whats the point of having any of our abilities for that matter if all you need to do is spam expose/exploit?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinak View Post
nobody does ground pvp specifically because it is completely broken. Have you looked at the queue times? nobody does it. expose/exploit needs to be removed from ground pvp.....hell just turn it into an FPS. I don't even like FPS, but it would be a hell of a lot more fun to play than the current garbage implemented. at least an FPS system would free our skill points for ship skills.

Short of that. we need a system that allows all skill sets to actually be helpful. what good is a healer if you get one shot in a matter of seconds? whats the point of having any of our abilities for that matter if all you need to do is spam expose/exploit?
There is a solid community of ground PvP players, of which I am one.

The mechanics of which you speak are not really as cheap as you say, you just need to find a way around them, which really means sticking with a team. Just like space PvP, ground PvP is a team game that requires everyone to work together and support one another.

If someone on your team is held/exposed, you use whatever abilities you can to try and shut down anyone who might choose to exploit that opening. It requires thought and teamwork, which is awesome and fun
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Hope you get thicker skin, cause highly doubt they gona stop any time soon.Ever played fps games...often they need to put in limitations cause of such things.Like the bunny hoppers in the bf series!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2010, 10:46 AM
The system is usable.

The problem is with Engineers and Science officers.

Their exploit damage needs to be reduced by 50% and it would solve one of the key fundamental problems with class balance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Getting held on nearly every hit is utter BS and not fun.

It is not surprising that people just run in to die their 25 times and leaves.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
The system is usable.

The problem is with Engineers and Science officers.

Their exploit damage needs to be reduced by 50% and it would solve one of the key fundamental problems with class balance.
I'm making a wild guess you play a tac officer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM
This isn't just Ground PvP, but Space PvP as well, with the SNB + Viral Matrix exploit. Because it puts players in a permanent lock where they can't even use the recovery abilities to get out of.

And with Ground Teams, I actually saw a Federation Science Officer do an AoE Expose and 3 Klingons got immediately exposed and disintegrated by the same person within a second. I really fell Cryptic should keep exploses and exploits out of PvP, as well as many of these abilities. We never saw them in Trek, and it doesn't give Cryptic the excuse to put them in STO.