Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursewithwound
.. you should delete yourself an head over the ****! these games love nothing more then gimps who cant pvp an need to use cheap tactics to replace any form of skil! thank you this is brought to you by citam, an other ******s who cant do anything but spam this attack over an over again! gods i hope they tone that crap down at some point or pvp here is gonna be about as active as Lotro was.. an about as relevent at least ground wise..
Let me guess. You took all Space abilities, right? Probably ignored skills like Stubborn because you wanted to spike your Space combat abilities. Had you really paid attention you would have noticed there's a rather complex set of different holds and different hold resists, and you probably could have found one that made this not so agonizing.

Also, I think we'd all have been much more impressed with a thoughtful, more rational discourse than a "I can't win therefore everything is fail!" self-agrandizement.

Love you, but you gotta step up your game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I play all three. Sci is my favorite on the ground atm but Eng is a close second.

It seems like every other Stasis Field is a one shot.

Who even needs a Tac with that kind of POWA!
Stasis field is kinda weak. Fragile hold. Annoying, but one stray energy blast and you're free.

The good sci kit is medic. Practically unkillable without a full team focus firing you. But it has no offensive capability, so all you can do is use an expose rifle and pray you get lucky.
Lt. Commander
STO's ground PVP is well done! There is the issue with spawning in a mass of enemy at times, but overall with all the abilities and different weapon tactics...it makes for a very skill required game. If you stand out in the open constantly, you will get exposed and then ..sizzled. The people that look for thier teammates , use cover, know how to switch weapons , and KNOW where to run to when you do get seperated , make out the best. I see wayyyyy too many people not even looking for other teammates on the map ...like they dont even see it . I really doubt most are just trying to die fast , they just arent all too experienced with a FPS kinda atmosphere. THe holds, the exposes, the then exploits.....Those are all what make STO's ground PVP so special!! There is nothing more exhilerating than doing a quick ....expose ( lucky sometimes- 10% chance on each expose tactic) then switch quick ( ok maybe not so quick- there is a slight delay with just about every action) to your expoit weap and .....zzzzttt- ahhhhhh. IF they took that out it would lose it's appeal . You people that complain about one shot kills have been playing too many x-box games or something ...Try Worldwar2 online if you wanna REALLY see how one shot kills are * grins* .
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Stasis field is kinda weak. Fragile hold. Annoying, but one stray energy blast and you're free.

The good sci kit is medic. Practically unkillable without a full team focus firing you. But it has no offensive capability, so all you can do is use an expose rifle and pray you get lucky.
You're not using Stasis Field right then...

All you need is one shot when you stack exposes with it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
Let me guess. You took all Space abilities, right? Probably ignored skills like Stubborn because you wanted to spike your Space combat abilities. Had you really paid attention you would have noticed there's a rather complex set of different holds and different hold resists, and you probably could have found one that made this not so agonizing.

Also, I think we'd all have been much more impressed with a thoughtful, more rational discourse than a "I can't win therefore everything is fail!" self-agrandizement.

Love you, but you gotta step up your game.

Actually, the ground resists are broken. Made a Klingon once solely for Ground PvP with the various resist Traits and he still got Stasis'd/Exposed/Vaporized like no tomorrow.

They need to add a a huge default resist to any form of crowd-control for Player Characters in comparison to Non-Player Characters, 'cause this is really ruining Ground PvP. Either that or give us Tacticals some spamable Expose powers, too!
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Iv'e seen someone really good in every class in ground PVP , Nausi. Cryptic did a good job with balancing out the different classes, considering how many different types of actions are going on in the game. If your Tact. you have stealth and so many are good with that. I have yet to get my tactical guy in PVP. I'm looking forward to delving into the tactics on him. Science and Engineering are both fun and effective
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
You're not using Stasis Field right then...

All you need is one shot when you stack exposes with it.
Pray tell, how does one 'stack' exposes? Do you even know what an expose is?

Hint: Look at all your abilities and weapons, and see how many say 'chance to expose'.

Hint 2: It's probably almost all of them unless you are a healer/buffer.

If you ask for a third hint I'll have to slap you.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Idk, IMO, ground is blanced and unblanced simply because it all depends on luck as well as skill. That science guy who exposed 3 people and killed 3 people got lucky. Any class can get lucky and expose/exploit multiple people. My other problems with ground pvp is expose spam/removal ( science ) ,weapon malfunction (enginner) and the two shoting( tacticals) who can kill you without a expose and do 3-5 times as much damaged as any other class/player when unchecked. Positioning and teamwork are extremly important but so is luck/expose( I mean you can basically just change the word expose to lucky). Soo basically, everyone is OPed when they are lucky and UPed when they are unlucky and the fact that the only viable weapon is a split beam and some expose and the inventory weapon switching....ehh, tends to become rather silly. With that said, I have never played a game before where the tip of my middle finger became numb because it is so important I am in the right spot at all times ( i'm not a big fps fan).
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
Honestly, I went all space traits on my character (I wasn't expecting to enjoy ground PvP so much when I started), and I haven't noticed any problems handling ground PvP without ground traits. I HAVE noticed ground traits on opponents that I thought, "hey, that'd be helpful," but to be honest, I haven't seen any traits that add enough benefit that they'll tip the scales one way or another.

Edit: Oh wait, I play a joined trill, so I think maybe they have one required ground skill -- maybe hyper metabolism. Can't remember, and can't check since I'm at work.

Edit 2: Just in case anyone wonders what *I* think matters most in ground PvP (and I doubt you do ), first and foremost, your teammates, second your selected kit, third your shield and armor, and last, your weapons. Strangely enough, I still run into people in PvP who appear to be wearing kits from a tier or two back, which confuses me.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Hold Timers are currently broken.

You have different timers for root, stasis field Hold, other types of Hold. You can watch the countdowns on them somehow magically disappear, and then you can get held again and again. I ground pvp constantly and experience this all the time.

There is also some batleh exploit where your hold timer keeps increasing rather than counting down.