Lt. Commander
# 41
03-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Just curious...what abilities are we talking about?....it would happen to be a hold/stun then possibly expose and exploit would it?

To shut down the enemy, Stasis Field, Weapon Malfunction, Fuse Armor, Borg Nanites, any knockback ability, or simply do a ton of damage and force them to seek cover. You can also try and throw a defensive buff for extra resist or even a cleanse if you prefer a more defensive approach.

It really does make a difference. You might not save the person all the time, but quite often you can save someone life like that.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
He was saying you can 'stack' exposes for extra damage.

That's not how it works at all. One expose let's you be one-shot already, there is no need to 'stack'. Enough defenses might let you survive a shot if you're at high health though, I've done it, though not reliably.

Now hold stacking is a hell of a drug, and yes they need to make immunity timers for that. He was just assuming that since you are held while exposed they're the same thing and that's not even close to what the mechanics are.
Nah, I still think you read it wrong.

He meant to stack the expose abilities to try and get an expose chance, then simply one shot the enemy. Not actually stacking exposes for even greater damage. That is how I read it anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Pray tell, how does one 'stack' exposes? Do you even know what an expose is?

Hint: Look at all your abilities and weapons, and see how many say 'chance to expose'.

Hint 2: It's probably almost all of them unless you are a healer/buffer.

If you ask for a third hint I'll have to slap you.
Quote:
He was saying you can 'stack' exposes for extra damage.
No I did NOT say that at all.

You can increase your chance to expose by spamming expose attacks.

You misunderstood my statement completely.

It does NOT increase the damage just your CHANCE to expose.

Have you ever played a Sci before?

Quote:
He meant to stack the expose abilities to try and get an expose chance, then simply one shot the enemy. Not actually stacking exposes for even greater damage. That is how I read it anyway.
You are correct. He read it completely wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Man the solution for the rifle butt exploit thing is simple remove the chance it has to exploit and stun, and just make it knockback 3 feet but has DR on it. meaning you can spam it but after you are knocked down once you cant get kocked down again for like 15 seconds or something.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Then don't use phrases like 'stacking' if you don't want to be misunderstood. What you were looking for was 'spamming'. And yes, everyone spams expose attacks since EVERY attack is an expose attack, unless it's a buff or an exploit attack.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
OP, without expose/hold mechanic you will NEVER, NEVER kill anyone good. You will not kill me, you will not kill any good science healer or any capable engineer. As a tactical officer I can stealth, run and pop hypos all at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, short of melee stunlocking, the kits with buffs can just be impossible to take down outside of an exploit attack. Cryptic did that deliberately, and while the whole system is a little lame due to the reliance on random chance, there it is.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
thank you this is brought to you by citam, an other ******s who cant do anything but spam this attack over an over again!
I 'm honored to have been mentioned by you in this thread. Well i'm not sure who you are but i guess thats not so important. You seem to be a player who can't adjust themself too the game. Learn how to use your abilities and everything is fine! This stun phaser is just a weapon. Its good for one way to fight, nothing more. My federation tactical use two splits, you wont like this too. At least try a stun phaser and fight me again, following your arguments it would be an even fight. I'm eager to help you with that insight.

bye

Ceilin