Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, luta, fortunatly, only Cryptic developers can tell us how they designed it, to be handled. I look forward to them responding on an official step by step stratergy, but till then, like our friend Mr.Woe, we all do what we can, with what knowledge we got, to make the most out of the experiance. Sorry my version is not to your liking. Thanks for posting though, luta.

@Woe, kudos m8 for a great idea. I remember my friend talking about you and the CE, which inspired me also. Hope my little set up meets with your approval.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auberon
Well, luta, fortunatly, only Cryptic developers can tell us how they designed it, to be handled. I look forward to them responding on an official step by step stratergy, but till then, like our friend Mr.Woe, we all do what we can, with what knowledge we got, to make the most out of the experiance. Sorry my version is not to your liking. Thanks for posting though, luta.

@Woe, kudos m8 for a great idea. I remember my friend talking about you and the CE, which inspired me also. Hope my little set up meets with your approval.
They didn't do that with Ramming Speed, did they? No. Everyone went to bed and the next day there was a patch to fix it.

This is what I expect will happen:

Cryptic: The Crystalline Entity isn't a machine with targetting sensors (roleplay it out). This computer-attacking ability shouldn't be affecting the CE's ability to defend itself. We'll just make all non-mechanical NPC's immune to Scramble Sensors. While we're at it, any ship console ability which really just amounts to one computer disabling or effecting another computer, no longer works on non-mechanical NPC's.

Grats.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2010, 09:52 AM
well im sorry to say this is not a exploit and for someone to say is just a dumbass. these are ingame BOFF'S used by everyone daily and for someone to say youre using a exploit to complete a mission clearly makes you a lil' nooblet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:

You pretty much have the idea down, yup. Always look for ways to improve you and your teams' DPS against it and you'll be swatting down CEs like flies.

Side note you probably knew anyway: Energy weapons do more damage the closer you are. Sit at point blank range (within 1km of the CE, practically INSIDE it) and enjoy the curb stomping.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Appreciate the tip. I tend to fly between 3-5k out.... giving me time to move out of the way, if the stupid thing glitches and fades out. Not sure why it's doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Appreciate the tip. I tend to fly between 3-5k out.... giving me time to move out of the way, if the stupid thing glitches and fades out. Not sure why it's doing that.
When there are a lot of shards on screen, the game only recognizes and displays a certain number of the ones that are closest to you. What the number is, I do not know. Even on maxed out video settings you can only see a certain amount of objects.

Getting point blank not only increases damage output, it also ensures it won't fade from sight.

This also goes back to why I use Tricobalts. With two launchers (one firing every 30 seconds) you literally cut the lag/shards in half.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2010, 11:12 AM
What about when you get to 30% though.... using them near Large would cause problems wouldn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
What about when you get to 30% though.... using them near Large would cause problems wouldn't it?
That's when you stop using them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2010, 12:40 PM
ROFL - I asked for that didn't I.

Lt. Commander
# 20
03-01-2010, 12:21 AM
So you just use lasers at 30%.... Will you do enough dps alone?