# 21
03-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I think Dr.Woe has lost the thread lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auberon
So you just use lasers at 30%.... Will you do enough dps alone?
Quantums+photonic fleet+whatever other npc ships+disruptors/antiprotons.

That does enough DPS alone to outdo the regen.

Go out of combat for 15-20 seconds between scrambles and switch out the tricobalts for something else like photons/more energy weapons for further pummeling.

Next question. Come on, give me a tough one!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
If you set your throttle and engine power to where you are slightly faster than the crystals and keep moving, as long as you don't go head on in to one, they will never catch you. You will end up with a trail of of crystals following you. There is a finite number of crystals that can spawn, so by kiting then, you reduce the number of 'loose' crystals floating around. Just don't make tight turns for fly close to another player's ship.

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/x...le32/Herd2.png
Canned anger
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
The major problem with that is a factor that can irritate everyone.... that being "People".

People don't like to listen. People have their own opinion's on how best to do something.

What's been provided is a way to do the Crystalline Entity and to take the fragments out of the equation, so there is no need to kite them. If done correctly, you can sit there, at full power to weapons and the shards will just bounce off you. Only problem after that, is if your shardmaster mucks up. This is easier than being full speed, having to dodge everyone else's fragment trails.

Hopefully, as Dr.Woe said, if your within 3k of the CE, it will never dephase and you can have full controlled shots on it at all times..... though it would take a more skilled player than I, to solo it.