Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.
You dont even knoe IF its nonsense. You didnt read it. thx fer the bump though
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
that's how a majority of these threads go ( both fanboi and hater lemming )....

spouting opinion and specualation as fact.....

...and then getting all bum-hurt and violently defensive when they are called out for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
The following is my opinion, unless backed by posted evidence.
I know its difficult, but you may wat to at least TRY to read it before you post. You look silly when you repeat what Im already saying. Its hard to call me out on something I already said two paragraphs in
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.
How do you know it's nonsense if you did not read it???
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasten View Post
How do you know it's nonsense if you did not read it???
I read it, it is nonsense.

I read the disclaimer as well saying it was an opinion piece...but tbh, the title of the thread, compared to what the thread talks about is misleading. This isn't about how the game "fails" it is about some dudes opinion on why the game fails..FOR HIM. The game sure as hell isn't failing in the market.

So the expectation? A bunch of people saying "nuh uh you're wrong" and other people saying "Kudos bro for having the same opinion as I do!"
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
the klingon side was just fine (it's pvp dont really care if it has extra content out of that or not).

Now when I first heard about the first price cut I said to myself meh oh well whatever. Just trying to get people. 10 bucks off no big woop. And I shrugged it off.

However - Now adding on top of that an ADDITIONAL 60 days free? yeah, that obviously is going to spark insane tidal waves and even I'm ****ed. Sure, I can pay the 14.95 a month but I agree with almost everyones post that this is a HUGE FU to those that were in head start or even just OB. This in itself won't cause me to leave. But I can see why people would want to leave because of it.

Atari really needs to think about this. I'm sure come tomorrow we'll have a response to all the posts and such by craig or someone else high up trying to calm us all down.
a.) I think the Klingon players disagree
b.) holy crap you AGREE with me?

*world ends*
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
that's how a majority of these threads go ( both fanboi and hater lemming )....

spouting opinion and specualation as fact.....

...and then getting all bum-hurt and violently defensive when they are called out for it....

Try reading the OP first, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
I think I covered that in the "all this is my opinion unless backed up with links" part, thx for the bump though
You're very welcome. I enjoy reading personal opininons as long as they are not presented as fact.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
I read it, it is nonsense.

I read the disclaimer as well saying it was an opinion piece...but tbh, the title of the thread, compared to what the thread talks about is misleading. This isn't about how the game "fails" it is about some dudes opinion on why the game fails..FOR HIM. The game sure as hell isn't failing in the market.

So the expectation? A bunch of people saying "nuh uh you're wrong" and other people saying "Kudos bro for having the same opinion as I do!"
EDIT: Im NOT purposefully trying to be misleading between the title and the actual content of the thread, It was originally going to be a joke based off of this thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=129619
which is titled "Fail on trying to make people think the game is dying"
I was just gonna takt that original thread and modify it to have it say the opposide. Then I started doing the research and decided to make it serious instead. I guess I forgot to change it :p

I added the above. Now, can you constructively show me what parts you think are nonsense?
Just because you disagree isnt a reason
on a side note:
Quote:
14. Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members and refrain from inflammatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.

15. When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.
If youre gonna disagree, do it withing the ruleset plz, thx.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA_Pappy View Post
You're very welcome. I enjoy reading personal opininons as long as they are not presented as fact.
They never WERE
whats the discussion here?
Closed Thread