Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I just got, earlier this morning, one of my characters to Lt. Cmndr.! I did all the things I needed to do to get promoted,(Saw AND did all that pertained to getting promoted), but, when I went to try to put Skill Points into one of my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills, NONE of my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills were able to have any skills added to them(no arrows or numbers underneath any of them)! Why is that? Do I HAVE to max out all of my Lt. Skills, before I can ever put Skill Points into my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills! Help! Please!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
You do have enough skill points to spend on the Lt. Cmndr skills right? Each tier skills cost more per level than the previous ones.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Did you complete the mission to get promoted?

Also you need more skill points to upgrade a LT.Comander skill than a LT skill which may be the problem.

The same thing happened to me all you need to do is get a enough skill points and it should let you level them.

Click on the skill to see how many points you need.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Sometimes lag will prevent you from applying the skill. I've noticed that other times it won't show up as the skill being taken. I close the window go back in and it shows.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I know that! It's just that there are no numbers or up or down arrows under the Lt. Cmndr. Skills which makes me think that I've maybe not done something I should've done! And, yes, I did the mission to get promoted!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I did everything I had to do, including doing the mission to get promoted, so there should, at least, be up and down arrows, and level numbers, underneath my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills, even if I can't add Skill Points to them, right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeWarrior2552
I know that! It's just that there are no numbers or up or down arrows under the Lt. Cmndr. Skills which makes me think that I've maybe not done something I should've done! And, yes, I did the mission to get promoted!
The first response already answered your question. Did you just pretend it wasn't there?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Proletariat12, shouldn't there be, on the Skill Points Page, under my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills, now that she is a Lt. Cmndr., both up and down arrows, and Skill Level Numbers! There aren't, and that has me mad!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Proletariat12, shouldn't there be, on the Skill Points Page, under my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills, now that she is a Lt. Cmndr., both up and down arrows, and Skill Level Numbers! There aren't, and that has me mad!
Arrows seem to have ruined your day.

How about you play the game some more and get some extra skill points so that the arrows Apear
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
I just got, earlier this morning, one of my characters to Lt. Cmndr.! I did all the things I needed to do to get promoted,(Saw AND did all that pertained to getting promoted), but, when I went to try to put Skill Points into one of my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills, NONE of my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills were able to have any skills added to them(no arrows or numbers underneath any of them)! Why is that? Do I HAVE to max out all of my Lt. Skills, before I can ever put Skill Points into my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills! Help! Please!
You haven't reached Lt Commnander until you reach level 11, spent 6700 skills points. At that point Amidral Quinn will contact your and give you the Promotion Lt Commander mission. After that you have to travel to Sol and talk to Adm. Quinn. Once you turn in the mission you will be Lt Commander, and gotten a plaque for your new ship. At that point, your lt Commander skills will be unlocked and you can spent points on them.