Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Everyone, I love the game, no doubt, but there are just so many things I don't understand about the game, which is why I'm so confused about most of it! Please don't look down on me, just because I'm unable to understand so much of the game!
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
This happened to me as well, but I didn't have enough points to skill up any LtCdr levels yet. As soon as i did a mission and the "skill up" flasher appeared, all the LTCdr skill arrows did also.

Just have patience. Do another mission and it will be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaver_001
Which means you have 124 unspent skill points. Hence the inability to raise any of your Lt. Cmdr skills, as they each cost 200 points instead of the 100 points you were spending before on Lt. skills.
But that doesn't tally with what I was seeing myself yesterday. 148 points and my 400 point skill still showed the arrows and numbers. I just couldn't use them. The OP is saying they can't even see them. That is where the confusion is coming in. I don't recall ever seeing that problem so I will try and watch out for it next time I spend time on my lower level characters and see if I can catch that effect and find the resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks Vasheera! That was, I believe, what I was looking for! Someone posted something similar to your posting, and I'm afraid I made that person mad, and if I did, I'm sorry! But having two people say the same thing in this Thread, that, to me, seemed the most likely answer to my quandry actually helps me out! A LOT! Everyone, I'm sorry I act like a bonehead a lot of the time, but, see, I was diagnosed, when I was 14 years old, with a mild case of Mental Retardation. I'm now a 54-year-old man, by the way, so, please try and cut me some skack, okay?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM
It sounds like you are trying to increase the skills of your Bridge Officers, in which case you have to Promote them before you can use/increase their next rank of skills.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Vasheera, what you posted was the exact answer to my problem! Thanks a bunch!
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Hmm, I just noticed a similar problem on my Captain. I apologise for any disagreements as I now see why I never saw the problem.

I was always looking at the skills I had previously put points in. Those WILL show the numbers and arrows. However, the ones that you have yet to allocate points to WILL NOT show them. That is when you have less than the required points for that column has people were repeatedly saying but I kept pointing out why not .. rofl .. I apologise profusely.

EG. I have 355 points available to allocate. All my Ensign (100 ), Lieutenant (200) and Lieutenant Commander (300) skills are showing their arrows and numbers however, only the Captain (400) ones I have already started work on are, the others are not.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeWarrior2552
Gaunt, do I need to max out the Lt. Level Skills of my character that is now a Lt. Cmndr.1, before I can get the arrows and numbers to even show up under my character's Lt. Cmndr. Skills?
No.. none of your LT skills need to be maxed to promote or spend skill points on the next tier.

You do have to spend 6700 skill points to advance to LT Com.. then talk to Quinn, get your new ship, go to promotion ceremony.

each LT skill costs 100 Points.

each LT. Com skill costs 200 points.

Arrows show up once you have 200 points that you can sink into you LT Com skills.