Lt. Commander
# 1 They might be giants...
02-28-2010, 01:06 PM
To put as Seinfeld puts it.... Whats the deal with these giant interiors? I have been playing since day one, and I gotta say, despite what people complain about, which may be valid, the interiors for giants is the biggest issue for me. It feels too cartoony. Are there plans to rescale this? I hope so...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterline View Post
To put as Seinfeld puts it.... Whats the deal with these giant interiors? I have been playing since day one, and I gotta say, despite what people complain about, which may be valid, the interiors for giants is the biggest issue for me. It feels too cartoony. Are there plans to rescale this? I hope so...
I'd be happy if I could just sit in the chair that's too small for my char while everything else in the bridge is hugely oversized
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 01:08 PM
It's really weird. The interior maps are bigger than most of the outdoor maps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithie
If the interiors were as big as they should be, there would be camera issues and people would have trouble navigating busy areas. Think about it - you can barely squeeze two people out of a turbolift door in the show...

Could probably do with being toned down a notch though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
If the interiors were as big as they should be, there would be camera issues and people would have trouble navigating busy areas. Think about it - you can barely squeeze two people out of a turbolift door in the show...

This mostly. My pets get stuck on objects enough as it is. I think if the interiors were any smaller you'd spend more time unsticking them than anything else in game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:

Away team members have trouble navigating open areas. In cage of fire they weren't even capable of crossing a metal catwalk. Can you imagine 20 crew members all crowded into a corner of deck 7?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstiff
Away team members have trouble navigating open areas. In cage of fire they weren't even capable of crossing a metal catwalk. Can you imagine 20 crew members all crowded into a corner of deck 7?
I think it's *more* related to the camera angle. Path-finding would normally be improved by narrowing walkways, if memory serves.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithie
I know, right? My bridge is bigger than my whole ship...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
I think it's *more* related to the camera angle. Path-finding would normally be improved by narrowing walkways, if memory serves.
Not from what I saw on the cage of fire mission. Narrow walkways and the away team just stands there randomly activating some of their combat abilities while I soloed the mission myself. Those walkways are pretty darn narrow. Are you trying to say away team members use the camera to navigate? Im not sure what camera angle has to do with crappy path finding.