Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 They might be giants...
02-28-2010, 01:06 PM
To put as Seinfeld puts it.... Whats the deal with these giant interiors? I have been playing since day one, and I gotta say, despite what people complain about, which may be valid, the interiors for giants is the biggest issue for me. It feels too cartoony. Are there plans to rescale this? I hope so...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterline View Post
To put as Seinfeld puts it.... Whats the deal with these giant interiors? I have been playing since day one, and I gotta say, despite what people complain about, which may be valid, the interiors for giants is the biggest issue for me. It feels too cartoony. Are there plans to rescale this? I hope so...
I'd be happy if I could just sit in the chair that's too small for my char while everything else in the bridge is hugely oversized
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-28-2010, 01:08 PM
It's really weird. The interior maps are bigger than most of the outdoor maps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithie
It's really weird. The interior maps are bigger than most of the outdoor maps.
If the interiors were as big as they should be, there would be camera issues and people would have trouble navigating busy areas. Think about it - you can barely squeeze two people out of a turbolift door in the show...

Could probably do with being toned down a notch though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
If the interiors were as big as they should be, there would be camera issues and people would have trouble navigating busy areas. Think about it - you can barely squeeze two people out of a turbolift door in the show...

Could probably do with being toned down a notch though.
This mostly. My pets get stuck on objects enough as it is. I think if the interiors were any smaller you'd spend more time unsticking them than anything else in game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
If the interiors were as big as they should be, there would be camera issues and people would have trouble navigating busy areas. Think about it - you can barely squeeze two people out of a turbolift door in the show...

Could probably do with being toned down a notch though.
Away team members have trouble navigating open areas. In cage of fire they weren't even capable of crossing a metal catwalk. Can you imagine 20 crew members all crowded into a corner of deck 7?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstiff
Away team members have trouble navigating open areas. In cage of fire they weren't even capable of crossing a metal catwalk. Can you imagine 20 crew members all crowded into a corner of deck 7?
I think it's *more* related to the camera angle. Path-finding would normally be improved by narrowing walkways, if memory serves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithie
It's really weird. The interior maps are bigger than most of the outdoor maps.
I know, right? My bridge is bigger than my whole ship...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
I think it's *more* related to the camera angle. Path-finding would normally be improved by narrowing walkways, if memory serves.
Not from what I saw on the cage of fire mission. Narrow walkways and the away team just stands there randomly activating some of their combat abilities while I soloed the mission myself. Those walkways are pretty darn narrow. Are you trying to say away team members use the camera to navigate? Im not sure what camera angle has to do with crappy path finding.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 AM.