Implausible
Atari Inc. Staff
smells like irony
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Translation... we dont like your opinion on our products and how we do business. Since you cannot be positive we will not give you a venue to speak at all.
spoken for truth.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm sure this thread will be closed soon, too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2010, 12:40 PM
I did say that Atari would likely follow this course of action if they were approached in anything other than a rational, logical fashion. it's a common business tactic...poor or not.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Now Atari is trying to hide in her little holes like a bunch of moles right?
Do they think we will forget this?

i will never ever buy a game from atari....and let it be the best game on earth i will not buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
WOW, people were acting out their anger in Atari's chat too?

This might have a bigger fallout radius then I thought.
I doubt it - it's the same small group of people with nothing better to do.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Pretty amazing, reminds me of when SoE completely deleted the forums for SWG when the NGE came out.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Man, if Atari keeps trolling themselves, there won't be anything for the rest of us to do.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Posted from that link:

Hello everyone,

You may have noticed some changes have been made around here today. After much discussion and deliberation with senior staff here at Atari the decision has been made to close the community chat forum. As of late the community chat has been a forum full of controversy and repeated violations of the forums terms of use. This decision was not made to punish any individuals or groups for past or current actions, but was more focused on the growing concerns regarding the more mature nature of some of the posts made within this community.

Our aim in taking this action is not to drive our users away from this forum as we value all our community members, but we do wish to make this a friendlier environment where anyone can join in discussions without worry.

In regards to moderators within this forum, that will be discussed with our staff and then handled appropriately. If you wish to comment on this topic or have concerns feel free to send me a pm and I will do what I can to field your questions.

Please be assured that this decision was made in the best interest of the overall community and we look forward to your continued participation here on the Atari.com forums!

Thank you,

Implausible
Atari Inc. Staff
in before they do it here
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
I doubt it - it's the same small group of people with nothing better to do.
If that were true, wouldn't it be easier and more productive to ban this small group?