Lt. Commander
Greetings,

edit: I am specifically talking about the bridge officer power trainer in the sol station

I have a few suggestions that i think would greatly improve the menu for the bridge officer trainer. the current menu is hard to read and navigate and it takes a long time to find skills appropriate for each officer you are looking to train.

First off I would definitely keep the division by rank.

Second, I would then take the current skills and break them into two columns instead of one long one. I would put space skills on one side and grounds skills on the other. This would greatly increase the ease of browsing for specific skills. Most people are browsing for specific skills either ground or space.

Third, I would take the skills that are now divided into two columns and color code them to the appropriate class. red for tactical, blue for science and finally yellow for engineering. You could color code the background of the skill description as well as the font for each skill listed. You could also color the "background block" which the font of the skill is read. Again this would increase the speed at which you would browse the list since most people are browsing for specific officers and specific space/ground skills.

If you like this idea, please support it by posting a reply in support. Perhaps if enough people like the idea, then Cryptic may consider it for a future update.

Thanks for your attention and happy hunting!
FVA_Stoneyface_XC
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneyface View Post
Greetings,

I have a few suggestions that i think would greatly improve the menu for the bridge officer trainer. the current menu is hard to read and navigate and it takes a long time to find skills appropriate for each officer you are looking to train.

First off I would definitely keep the division by rank.

Second, I would then take the current skills and break them into two columns instead of one long one. I would put space skills on one side and grounds skills on the other. This would greatly increase the ease of browsing for specific skills. Most people are browsing for specific skills either ground or space.

Third, I would take the skills that are now divided into two columns and color code them to the appropriate class. red for tactical, blue for science and finally yellow for engineering. You could color code the background of the skill description as well as the font for each skill listed. You could also color the "background block" which the font of the skill is read. Again this would increase the speed at which you would browse the list since most people are browsing for specific officers and specific space/ground skills.

If you like this idea, please support it by posting a reply in support. Perhaps if enough people like the idea, then Cryptic may consider it for a future update.

Thanks for your attention and happy hunting!
FVA_Stoneyface_XC
I like it however what about doing it a bit more organized - why not make buttons link to each one? For example you goto the BO trainer and you have 4 buttons. One for science, one for engineering and one for tactical (then of course the exit button)

This way you ONLY see the ones you want to train? o_O
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
This gets my support.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Supports this idea