Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I sent a report in of someone changing from Fed to Klingon in a Ground PVP game and got this:

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns about the other players in this PvP encounter. Be aware that teaming, shifting alliances, tactics, power selections, and item use use are all a part of the PvP dynamic. If you feel that there is an exploit available through power use or tactics, please create a detailed Bug Report about that exploit. If you feel that a particular power is not balanced, please share your Feedback on the Forums (reachable through the Community tab in the Launcher). Thank you for playing!

so I can change from Fed to Klingon at will in pvp? its not a bug? Well Id like to know how to do it then it could be fun.

Unless of course the CS rep who replied to me has no idea what he is talking about and it is a bug, id like a confirmation please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 08:29 PM
This happened to me once in the Ghost Ship Arena. I was in a group of fellow Federation Admirals, waiting for Klingon opponents to show. The zone suddenly reset and I was removed from my group and assigned to the Klingon team.

Not sure if it was a Pre-Programed switch, a bug, or someone from Cryptic having an evil streak (since I honestly was talking about that just prior to the incident). But was interesting, nontheless. Not one Klingon even said a word about fighting alongside a Federation Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Generally dying, then joining a queue while still dead will put you into a "limbo" where you can be attacked by both teams. By heading through the spawn gate you'll toggle the opening dialogue, and you'll be entered into the game on a side. I never really messed around with it, so I can't tell you if it's possible to CHOOSE a side.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 12:03 PM
not much interest from the dev's in confirming/denying bugs it seems.