Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
[looking puzzled] every mmo in existence uses this same system of rarity coloring, the more rare the item = the more stat on the item.

so what are you on about... and if ppl want to buy a common impulse engine mk vi for 200k, then let them do it (idiots, hint ships). if ppl want to sell blue impluse engine for only 50k, then it si fine with me, you get more than enough loots from mish than you use.

no body listen to him.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
but if they did that it would be less of a wow clone than it already is. I mean they ripped off the GUI, the party display, why stop at item tier classification?

that said, I agree with you in principle, but I could care less to what a blue, purple, or green item type is called. It could be called "purple" or "very purple" for all I care.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2010, 10:52 AM
dont know what to say to that..

but to put this down in writting, this game is not a wow clone, in fact wow is a eq clone, or whatever was the frist mmo on the market.

imo all moo are pretty much the same minus differences in ip.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
No offense, but you must have bad luck. I'm an RA5 and I seen tons of uncommon and rare drops, though never seen a very rare drop (outside the new infected mission, which has a high-rate of uncommon drops).
Thank you. Someone finally sees what I'm saying.

I will agree that when the system randomly generates what item to spawn when you kill a mob, then the rarity factor is pretty accurate as far as what you get in those situations.

However, there are lots of things that you can easily get, and which are very common, yet have a "Rare" or "Uncommon" rating yet are more common than "Common" items. As another poster said, these are typically the ones that you get from trading in badges or honor points or whatever else. Their rarity is based on a determination from their quality, not from how rare they actually are. That's a fact.

Some people don't like facts. Oh well. Still, I'm right. I'm not wrong. See my first post plz kthx
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphAntilles
Obviously the "Very Rare" items are actually quite rare, but aside from that, it's bogus.
not so sure about that. while i've not found anything "very rare", there's a lot, and outrageously over priced, in the exchange. kinda wonder how it is they got there, being very rare

the most valuable rare item i've found, and i'll never give it up, is an MkV efficient IMpulse drive that gives me +5 weapons/shields/velocity/AUX.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
not so sure about that. while i've not found anything "very rare", there's a lot, and outrageously over priced, in the exchange. kinda wonder how it is they got there, being very rare

the most valuable rare item i've found, and i'll never give it up, is an MkV efficient IMpulse drive that gives me +5 weapons/shields/velocity/AUX.
Well, you can't give it up -- it's bound (I still don't get why they have the whole "bound" thing).

But anyway, alot of the very rare items come from fleet actions... whoever does the most damage gets a very rare. Which is lame if you're the one who scramble-sensors the Crystalline Entity the whole time, like me, and all you get at the end is a frakkin battery. Even though without you, everyone just straight gets pwnd.

I even heard of cheat ways to get extra damage, but I won't repeat that.

Annnyway then also there are infected mission points and other ways to get very rares. Of course they do such a horrible job of stopping gold-sellers (my bet is that they ARE the gold sellers) that anyone who wants very rare things can easily have it by selling some crap on Craigslist, buying $50 mil, and getting whatever "very rare" things they feel like.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphAntilles
Well, you can't give it up -- it's bound (I still don't get why they have the whole "bound" thing).

But anyway, alot of the very rare items come from fleet actions... whoever does the most damage gets a very rare. Which is lame if you're the one who scramble-sensors the Crystalline Entity the whole time, like me, and all you get at the end is a frakkin battery. Even though without you, everyone just straight gets pwnd.

I even heard of cheat ways to get extra damage, but I won't repeat that.

Annnyway then also there are infected mission points and other ways to get very rares. Of course they do such a horrible job of stopping gold-sellers (my bet is that they ARE the gold sellers) that anyone who wants very rare things can easily have it by selling some crap on Craigslist, buying $50 mil, and getting whatever "very rare" things they feel like.
actually, i've swapped out items and then sold them on K7 or a transport, if they're no longer useful. still waiting on the very rare, tho i doubt i'll ever see it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:

Probly because they were useless to the many people they dropped to.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Probly because they were useless to the many people they dropped to.
nope, these were items that i had used, and no longer had a use for. went to a vendor and sold them
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
nope, these were items that i had used, and no longer had a use for. went to a vendor and sold them
Every non-White item I've encountered (and several kinds of whites) are at least bind-on-equip. What ones are you finding that aren't?