Lt. Commander
# 1 Fix the PvP queue system asap
02-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I read through thefrst 30 or so threads here and can't believe that I did not see any posts dealing directly with this problem. The queue system is broken. Especially at higher levels like T3-5 there are fewer klings right now (for obvious reasons.) The queue system allows a player to pick 3 different battles, but the battle starts as soon as the correct number of players have queued up for any one fight. So not only do players enter the battle late (if the are holding out for a particular battle) they often do not show up at all. This has resulted in numerous lopsided battles which when repeated become very frustrating. I would estimate it happens 1/3 of the time. As a klingon when badly outnumbered I will cloak and wait for reinforcments which often never arrive. I usually wait about 2 minutes after which I exit the battle if none come while enduring increasing chat insults and taunts from equally frustrated fed players. Or if I feel suicidal I might fight and die 10 times or more to get the points. In salvage missions I simply wait at the starbase and watch the feds take over everything, but at least its over quickly. Ground battles can be salvaged so long as my team is no more than 2 players short.
I can't believe that the devs actually want things to work out this way. I propose that instead of the battle starting immediately after the minimum players are queued that it start only after the minimum number of players have confirmed that they will fight this particular battle and not wait for another. Perhaps shunting confirmed players to a second waiting area untiI everyone is confirmed before the battle starts will help. I am sure that 60 second selection timer is behind this and this should be an easy fix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2010, 10:19 PM
It's been mentioned a ton, but with no response from Cryptic saying they're even AWARE it's an issue, most who care have just unsubbed. It probably won't get better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
It's been mentioned a ton, but with no response from Cryptic saying they're even AWARE it's an issue, most who care have just unsubbed. It probably won't get better.
That would be unfortunate as I am sure this is a major source of frustration due to wasted time for both fed and kling players. Also it would not strike me as a difficult software fix, especially if a step is inserted into the process.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 02:55 AM
The problem I noticed with this is that you can queue for 3 different maps, when the first one pops up I enter the battleground. But then instead of being auto-removed from the other 2 queues i'm in them but unaware of it until i see a message that 'you have been removed from the queue to join xyz because you did not respond in time' But in that time you have had a spot reserved for you until it times out...

Multiply this by the amount of people doing it and you have the problem. This plagued WoW BGs for ages and ended up with lop-sided teams. Pick 3 bgs, goto WSG for instance, AV pops up - ignore it or go join and that results in lop sided teams for the first 2 minutes. And in that 2 minutes a victory or defeat can be pretty much decided.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Klingons are OP its fact. Klingons using carrier bug is fact. Any lolCryptic dev wanna do something?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
Klingons are OP its fact.
Fact? And that's why there are no klingons? LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Carriers are one ship, available only in the last tier, which is perpetually dead due to the lack of klinks anyways, and even then it's due to a bug that most don't use.

Sounds like someone is a little butthurt.