Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
At no point prior to this did you mention you had ALL your defensive abilities running.

Let alone what you consider 'all ' those abilities to be...

You are ****ed that the abilities you choose to run affect SHIELDS(you mentioned RSP, Sci team and RSF) which the antiprotons are bypassing to some extent ..

There are more skills out there than the Hazard emitters for hull resistance, of which you only mentioned one...

And you know what? I haven't seen very many good Federation teams PERIOD...so looking for a set of good feddies actually buying and using antiprotons would be like looking for diamonds at the bottom of the recycle bin...


That you can't see through your unreasoned hatred of me for making you feel stupid (which is entirely your own fault not mine) to see the gems placed therein ..is again your problem not mine.
You're not worth the effort of putting out an "unreasoning hatred", sorry You don't make the cut of being important enough for me to hate you. What I *do* hate, is guys like you who join a thread with the only intent of being an a-hole, and for no other reason. You didn't ask one question, try to be helpful in any way (unlike others in the thread) trying to find anything out, you just made a few assumptions and barfed yourself into the thread. The fact that your a Klingon is the only reason I'm even having this half-arsed discussion with you because well, most of the Klingons I'm friends with don't act asinine for no reason other than to do it. If you think you have some "wisdom" to share, then impart it, otherwise you're a worthless troll no better than the Fed blabbing about thinking that antiproton weapons must only belong to Feds /eyeroll.

However, the skills I have specifically for hull resistances/repair are engineering team, miracle worker, and polarize hull. I've never tried hazard emitters, because there are only so many skills that we can have, but rest assured I'll look into it with a backup BO.

I don't think I ever said these Feds were actually good, they didn't have to be: We initiated combat on one of the escorts, focusing on him, he hits his RSP and whatever else he had, and hits evasive maneuvers, meanwhile his buddies or focuses on one of us, who does the same thing, the difference is, our target is of course alive and unharmed, and within 10-15 seconds, 20 tops, one of us is dead while our shields are up, and the next one is on the way down.

My concern is not with one ship having this, because I'm sure I've fought them before and just didn't notice it. However, with 2-3 people, there is no escape from it. Our hulls were getting burnt down fast enough that the *only* choice was for those in a BoP to cloak, or hit emergency to engines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Sounds to me like someone is paying the price for not taking the right skills. C'est la vie. Next time he'll know better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Facing several guys in pvp with antiproton cannons, well, there is no facing them, because you die, with full or nearly full shields, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Rotate shield freq, RSP, doesn't matter, because we're talking shielding.
Cannons fed ships... ah 3 escorts. That would explain it.

Seen enough escorts with CRF APB and mark burn right through shields. Antiproton or no antiproton. My 1 escort has a tendency to make a cruiser scramble for his engineering team if he isn't paying attention, I can only imagine all 3. This goes for both sides (gotta love karrat right now )

Bottomline raw bleedthrough no matter the weapon type can do this with 3 escorts or any 3 ships for that matter. Just a matter of debuffs. No foul play here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScottie
Cannons fed ships... ah 3 escorts. That would explain it.

Seen enough escorts with CRF APB and mark burn right through shields. Antiproton or no antiproton. My 1 escort has a tendency to make a cruiser scramble for his engineering team if he isn't paying attention, I can only imagine all 3. This goes for both sides (gotta love karrat right now )

Bottomline raw bleedthrough no matter the weapon type can do this with 3 escorts or any 3 ships for that matter. Just a matter of debuffs. No foul play here.
MrScottie, I've pvp'd a few times, and this has never happened before. You missed the part where we died with our shields UP. It's not FBP, not only do I use cannons on all my Klingon ships, I use FBP myself. I pvp in T5 on both sides, (escort Fed side, all cannons) and this has not happened to me ever.

To the guy who posted above and said I didn't take the right skills, rather than actually read the posts stating the specific skills, suffice it to say the only thing that repairs/buffs hulls that I didn't have was hazard emitters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
MrScottie, I've pvp'd a few times, and this has never happened before. You missed the part where we died with our shields UP. It's not FBP, not only do I use cannons on all my Klingon ships, I use FBP myself. I pvp in T5 on both sides, (escort Fed side, all cannons) and this has not happened to me ever.

To the guy who posted above and said I didn't take the right skills, rather than actually read the posts stating the specific skills, suffice it to say the only thing that repairs/buffs hulls that I didn't have was hazard emitters.
simple test, get 1 tier 5 fed, + 1 tier 5 klingon, go into a mutual pvp, and fire on each other...

and copy down and examine the combat log

this would be far better than 90% of the speculation thats running rampant...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
MrScottie, I've pvp'd a few times, and this has never happened before. You missed the part where we died with our shields UP. It's not FBP, not only do I use cannons on all my Klingon ships, I use FBP myself. I pvp in T5 on both sides, (escort Fed side, all cannons) and this has not happened to me ever.

To the guy who posted above and said I didn't take the right skills, rather than actually read the posts stating the specific skills, suffice it to say the only thing that repairs/buffs hulls that I didn't have was hazard emitters.
I hear ya, was just stating I have seen it before when everyone was focusing their fire on one ship. It took alot longer seeing as shields will mitigate damage to the hull but it isn't impossible.

A good example: Hull is at 45%, RSP RSF kick in, ships keep pounding said target with everything they've got and while the shields regen to 100% the hull will slowly trickle down to 0. But it's rare because usually the team throws out some engineering teams. Now if your hull was at 100% and ya just get slaughtered in under a minute with your sheilds never comin down.... yah something is up

I would like to see some hard numbers from a 1 v 1 though. Get some evidence on the actual bleedthrough values.

But even 10% damage is still damage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScottie
I hear ya, was just stating I have seen it before when everyone was focusing their fire on one ship. It took alot longer seeing as shields will mitigate damage to the hull but it isn't impossible.

A good example: Hull is at 45%, RSP RSF kick in, ships keep pounding said target with everything they've got and while the shields regen to 100% the hull will slowly trickle down to 0. But it's rare because usually the team throws out some engineering teams. Now if your hull was at 100% and ya just get slaughtered in under a minute with your sheilds never comin down.... yah something is up

I would like to see some hard numbers from a 1 v 1 though. Get some evidence on the actual bleedthrough values.

But even 10% damage is still damage.
I'm going to break out Fraps and try to get a video of it happening, since unfortunately along with a lot of trolling in this thread, it would seem that the Devs never looked at it. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video well, should be worth a lot more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
I'm going to break out Fraps and try to get a video of it happening, since unfortunately along with a lot of trolling in this thread, it would seem that the Devs never looked at it. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video well, should be worth a lot more.
This is what should have been done in the first place, coming out with speculation and stories about getting focused and killed by a larger attacking force... pretty much asking to get talked down to and scoffed at.

Go make the video, then we can all see exactly what really happens, and not just have to rely on second hand anecdotal evidence provided by someone who, by his own admission, was " too freaked out" to give an accurate account of the details of the situation.

I have 0 experience at this tier of play so I do not claim to be an expert of any sort, but I can say that often times in a situation like this, where you get obliterated in short order(in any game), your perception can be rather skewed, and only after careful reproduction of the event can you really begin to see what actually happened.

Not saying you are wrong, but simply sharing my thoughts on the matter, trying to be helpful and not join the flame war

Knee jerk reaction is that the opposing force simply overwhelmed the hull with bleedthrough, while your shield rep skills did their job and kept your shields topped off. However, knowing that you are not a novice, I would not be surprised to learn, after watching the video, that there are other factors at work as well. Suffice it to say I look forward to seeing the video, if only to increase my own ( admittedly small ) knowledge base about game mechanics.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I would just like to point out that Feds can get marks more quickly than Klingons, since they have two dailies (or so I have heard) while Klingons get one. this means, in a week or two Klingons will have accumulated enough marks to do what Feds are doing already, and you will start seeing Klingons using anti-proton focus fire.

at that point, I predict that we will see fewer "so what, learn to deal with it" comments and more "omg this is terrible and will kill the game" comments.

in the meantime, as a Klingon myself, all I can say is "so what, learn to deal with it". getting focused down isn't fun, nor is getting hit by Subnucleonic Beam (i've done it (except not using AP because I don't have enough marks yet), and i've had it done to me).

-ken
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-01-2010, 02:44 PM
My two cents; I'm just guessing, but it sounds like they had phaser cannons and beams, your shields got dropped, torps got in and you died. I'm just shooting from the hip but I've seen that happen a lot.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 AM.