Lt. Commander
# 1 New RP Fleet Starting
03-01-2010, 01:21 AM
I've seen a few people asking about RP guilds. Having tried two of the current ones, I've found the norm to be either a complicated and time-consuming process with high expectations for members in terms of activity and written requirements to join, or so steeped in their own lore all else falls by the wayside.

Frankly, STO is time consuming enough without adding more fleet-based requirements on how you use your time. If you're like me, all you want is a good roleplaying environment you can engage with or not at your leisure while you go about the actual game however you enjoy most. Enter "The Officer's Club".

"The Officer's Club" exists to bring role-players together from all different gameplay styles. We are first and foremost a community of RP'ers.

Some of us are top level, some of us are not. Some of us are causal, some of us are hardcore. Some of us are PvP orientated, others hate it.

The point is - if you love roleplay, and want a chance to RP parts of your story or character with other players, we're the fleet for you.

We also have an open door policy - you can come and try out our RP style for a while, make friends with other RP'ers, and then feel free to leave and join another fleet more suited to your playstyle, or stay. The fleet is about RP, not guild-building, politics, or trying to get people to conform to one person's vision.

The only people with any commitments to do anything other than enjoy the RP community are the officers, and these responsibilities are clearly explained and on the casual side.

What you can expect:

An in-game interview tailored to your own character background, and carried out within the context of the STO universe. Whether or not you decide to join in the end, it's an opportunity to express your character in front of a live audience and get a feel for the RP style Officer's Club promotes.

Once your in, what you get is limited only to what you want. Find a circle of friends, find people of a similar level to complete missions with, the choice is yours.

If anyone else is interested in what I've described, contact @Jensen_Bakura here or in-game for details. Currently, we are only Federation-based, but I'm open to considering other factions. We welcome all timezones.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Welcome new members @ZeroGee and @Sinyari.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 05:59 AM
If you are looking to try out RP, send any of us a PM in-game and we'll throw something together. We happily RP with non-members as well, and are keen to build up our friends list of non-fleet RP'ers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Welcome new member @Velerak.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome new member @Prescience.

We are still looking for players interested in casual or immersive RP. We offer RP'd missions, instances, and chat.

PM me for details.