Lt. Commander
I keep encountering ground missions where the BOs easily get stuck behind columns/pillars/round the corner of doorways.
I know this issue has been reported many times, but I was just thinking instead of trying to fix each individual ground area where this occurs, how about a general solution?

Here are my suggestions:

Two things that could be put in for the officers:
  1. The stuck officer (after being X m away from the captain for a certain period of time) will use their special personal transporter to reappear next to the captain.
  2. In the Away Team interface add a new button, one for the whole group, and one for each individual officer called "Officer(s) to Me" forcing the officer(s) to use their personal transporter to appear next to the captain.

In other MMOs that I've played where there's been some sort Pet like mechanic, when the Pet gets stuck or the game works out the Pet can't get to the player, the Pet is teleported to be near the player.
I can't see why this can't be done in STO by using the transporter.
Though I find it amusing that the officers are capable of super high jumps, but they are easily stymied by a corner.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah the artificial intelligence is that of a 50's toy robot.
Runs towards the walls, bumps into it, keeps runing towards the wall. Never learns.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I've often found that if you use the waypoint command that a stuck BO will suddenly become smarter and unstuck him/herself. It seems to work the majority of the time for me.