Lt. Commander
Ok, you are sent to Cardassia Prime to get an orb. You do the mission, but there is never and orb that gets put into your ship inventory and there is nothing to deliver. You complete the mission and it is hailed as a big success, but you never actually deliver anything to the Bajorans or to DS9.

How is that supposed to work?

(Minor bug, I know, but still.....)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
well it says i've retrived the orb, he was distroyed.. Some guys hailed me.. and now its stuck.. no more objectives.. just sitting here

Edit: Scratch that, as i went back to the window it FINALLY popped up that i did it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 05:20 AM
I think the getting the orb and devlivering the orb happen behind the scenes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 08:36 AM
You don't deliver the orb because this particular storyline doesn't end with Tears of the Prophets. It'll be continued in Crack in the Mirror and concluded in The Other Side.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Tear of a Captain
02-21-2010, 01:27 AM
I am feeling very frustrated by this mission. I have attempted it on two different nights, and have not been able to get out of the initial room. I am either overlooking the obvious, or a victim of a mission bug. Can someone please offer some help before I start dropping some tears?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadReb
I am feeling very frustrated by this mission. I have attempted it on two different nights, and have not been able to get out of the initial room. I am either overlooking the obvious, or a victim of a mission bug. Can someone please offer some help before I start dropping some tears?

While there might be slight chance that your mission has indeed bugged, I think we have here one of those "didnt pay enough attention" situations.

Your officers actually tell you what is happening and what you have to do, once you beam down. I recommend you read that carefully. Then come back and tell us the result.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebell48 View Post
Ok, you are sent to Cardassia Prime to get an orb. You do the mission, but there is never and orb that gets put into your ship inventory and there is nothing to deliver. You complete the mission and it is hailed as a big success, but you never actually deliver anything to the Bajorans or to DS9.

How is that supposed to work?

(Minor bug, I know, but still.....)

No bug here. As someone else stated, you actually get the delivery done at a later point in a follow-up mission.

It seems you didn't fully understand what happened with the orb during your mission. And of course, you come here declaring your inability to follow a simple storyline as a "bug" of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadReb
There is a tiny nook in the corridor behind the initial room, blocked by a door that appears unselectable. I fell for that too - you need to select it and then shoot the door open like the ones before. What confused me here was that I could NOT shoot it open initially - you have to be very close to the door to be able to shoot at it.

This is repeated a few times later, making for a very "interesting" mission. *yawn*
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Yes I did listen to my officers. My Tactical Officer stated we need to find an access panel. Like I said in my initial post, I may be overlooking the obvious. All I can say is I have searched that room inch by inch and found nadda. Nothing I walk by will interact or prompt me for a response. Still need help or suggestions please.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Thanks !!!!
02-21-2010, 02:58 AM
I will give it another try on Sunday. Thank you for the suggestion and insight. I do not get fouled often, and when I do, it is nice to have fellow players there to lend a helping hand. Thank you again for the responses.