Lt. Commander
# 31
03-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shade420 View Post
After searching through the forms on this issue and realizing like you said this is happening on both brand of cards more on ATI, I really don't think this anything to do with our cards or drivers but just poorly wriiten code on the developers part. My card HD5870 runs beautifully with all the other games out there no hiccups and smooth frame rates accept for this one. So I don't get why ATI or Nvidia have to run out and write new drivers just for this game shouldn't that be up to the developer to make there game work properly with the cards. I don't know just my thoughts.
Good point, its always been that way though it seems, it must be a tradition. Maybe card companys ask game developers to challenge them? That's a very good point you made, it floored me.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Im glad to hear that i am not the only one with this issue
even better to hear that it is not ATI problem, cause that would be dog bullocks... :p

Has anyone filed a bug report about this?
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-08-2010, 06:37 AM
I just read a very informative thread with many people having this same issue and a bunch have submitted bug reports. That thread is up to 8 pages long now so if you are having this issue with crashes to desktop please go post your experience over at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=101360

Hopefully if that thread gets big enough Cryptic will realize this is actually an issue worth investigating. No response from Cryptic yet through.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyFlash View Post
I just read a very informative thread with many people having this same issue and a bunch have submitted bug reports. That thread is up to 8 pages long now so if you are having this issue with crashes to desktop please go post your experience over at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=101360

Hopefully if that thread gets big enough Cryptic will realize this is actually an issue worth investigating. No response from Cryptic yet through.
Thanks...just posted a response
Lt. Commander
# 35 just a toss...
03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
i got a ati rad 3100 and yet with the 10.2 ati driver update and yet it keeps saying i need to update my drivers. cant even get on sto without being logged off the servers. Is there a whole issue with the game or just the graphics card that the developers overlooked?
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I did have this issue until I updated to Catalyst 10.2 and no longer suffer from it. See sig for machine specs.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnspartan
i got a ati rad 3100 and yet with the 10.2 ati driver update and yet it keeps saying i need to update my drivers. cant even get on sto without being logged off the servers. Is there a whole issue with the game or just the graphics card that the developers overlooked?
IDK how well the game responds to integrated video cards, but you should still be able to login, that's just a warning message.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
This issue has been around since the beta of the game, there is about a 23 zettabytes of data from people complaning, cryptic hasnt done much about, so just turn off dynamic lighting and forget about it.

Besides not big of an issue.