Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
You are comparing cryptic to bioware. It's not fair
yes, true. The disparity in the budget for these studio's is probably insane, but think about this:

I just starting playing Myst Online: Uru Live and despite the horrible movement and obviously tiny budget Cyan gets to work with, the game is more mentally stimulating than STO.

If I want to log-on, kill everything, log-off. I would play MW2 or go back and play free-lancer.

Cryptic should not have taken this IP. They were starving for money and desperately took on a massive project which they knew would only lead them to failure. On top of that Atari is money grabbing every direction possible. They released the game totally unfinished. They have a mini-store. And they now just offered 60 free days for those who buy the game NOW, for $10 less! It is obvious that box sales are more important than the customers who keep them alive.

Cryptic was near bankruptcy ffs, they were given a second chance, and they just made the same mistake again!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee95 View Post
Upcoming FREE patch to ME2

The Hammerhead assault vehicle is coming to the Cerberus Network in late March!

Free to all Cerberus Network members, the Firewalker pack includes 5 all new missions featuring the Hammerhead. Hovering over the battlefield at up to 120 kilometeres per hour, the Hammerhead also boasts a guided missile system ensuring accuracy even during aggressive maneuvering.

Bioware games give you DEPTH, something STO does not have.

STO has great space combat, ME2 does not.
Well to be fair, Bioware is giving you content that wasn't ready for launch and making it look like they're just randomly decided to give you something new. Not too different from many MMOs really. Look for the 12 squadmate Kasumi to also be added at some point once they get around to finishing her.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
are you really compareing a single player RPG to an MMO?

that's outright rediculas man

single player RPGs always have more depth
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
You can literally use this against EVERY MMO out there. Not only that, but BioWare is a big name in the industry and has near limitless piles of cash to throw at a single player game, then move onto the thing. MMO's are inherently different. In an MMO, one mission isn't just 1/30th of the game (like in a singleplayer game) -- they're less developed because they have to provide 100 times as many missions. If any MMO developer spent a week designing, laying out, adding dialogue, etc., every mission, their game would never come out. Obviously you don't understand that, or else you wouldn't have even made this post.

Comparing ME2 to STO is like comparing Crysis to Civilization. You want all the polish and sheen of a game designed only to entertain you for 30 or so levels applied to a different type of game where the rules are very different.

P.S. My friend also loved ME2, but I was shocked when he told me it took him just 40 hours to hit 100% on everything, so don't lie to us and tell us you're hitting RA5 in that amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
The least Cryptic could was follow in Infinity Ward's direction. Make kick ass games (CoD series) that fans love and will buy and support. Keep in mind customer satisfaction! It IS important, more so than your precious box sales.

THEN

Release a game that is going to be AMAZING. Like MW2. You know tons of people will buy it. Jack up the price to 60$ a box and take out dedicated servers.

NOT

Release consistent crap failing time and time again. On top of it, **** all over you most loyal customers by offering 60 free days for those who buy 3 weeks after the game releases (with no major content even on some sort of test server)

SW:TOR will be out before the game gets any better, and then its game over for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
For a moment there I thought this was a thread comparing an MMO to a Sci - Fi action RPG.

I don't think anyone would be that stupid, would they ??
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicebe View Post
P.S. My friend also loved ME2, but I was shocked when he told me it took him just 40 hours to hit 100% on everything, so don't lie to us and tell us you're hitting RA5 in that amount of time.
type in /played to see your time. when I dinged RA5, it said 3 days 14 hours. No lies. That is 86 hours btw.

Read not just the OP, but all of what I have posted here to get a clearer picture.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
are you really compareing a single player RPG to an MMO?

that's outright rediculas man

single player RPGs always have more depth
I think he is lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcubed
The least Cryptic could was follow in Infinity Ward's direction. Make kick ass games (CoD series) that fans love and will buy and support. Keep in mind customer satisfaction! It IS important, more so than your precious box sales.

THEN

Release a game that is going to be AMAZING. Like MW2. You know tons of people will buy it. Jack up the price to 60$ a box and take out dedicated servers.

NOT

Release consistent crap failing time and time again. On top of it, **** all over you most loyal customers by offering 60 free days for those who buy 3 weeks after the game releases (with no major content even on some sort of test server)

SW:TOR will be out before the game gets any better, and then its game over for STO.
A MMO is not the same as other games, when are you going to learn this? Not only that but MW2 is a ton of glitchs that people keep using to up pointless stats and KRD.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
I think he is lol
I refer you to my later statements.

Quote:
Alienating the Star Trek fanbase by only offering pew pew missions and never involving some sort of decision to sometimes even save a person's life or doing something profound.

This is exactly why STO doesn't speak to Trekkies. It speaks to kids who know nothing of the Trek world. It speaks to people who love action multiplayer games (CoD series in mind). Log-on, kill things, log off.
Quote:
I'm merely pointing out that if its a Star Trek game, it should have more. I watch the TV show's and movies. I don't see 100% of the time, a space battle where the goal is to blow up everything in sight.

I see conflict and diplomacy. Choice.

Something that ME 2 is able to do so much better than STO. STO isn't Star Trek. It's Champions Online with a Trek skin and no purpose.