Lt. Commander
# 81
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Drake
Also, Trying comparing ME2 Space combat to STO's space combat.... oh, wait.
Neither of them have one, thats what you meant right?
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
STO: You can play it on a SDTV
MA2: You need a HDTV
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
ME2 took me 41 hours to beat -- it's not a very long game. STO took about 80 or so for me, so about twice as long.

In order to make STO more like ME2, you'd need 2 or so years more of dedicated, well-funded development. It just wasn't available. Maybe BW will do that with TOR, but we'll see. It's damned expensive to make an MMO that plays like a SP game.
Well, during an interview I remember the Bioware dev's saying they want a game that plays like the first 20 levels of ***. If you ever played the first 20 levels of ***, you might remember that it offered the 'fattest' content.

1. Each class has their own personal quests.
2. All the quest dialogue was voice acted.

After 20 it was like a kick in the tribbles. I think TOR is working to make their entire game like the first 20 levels of ***.
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Actually it wasn't, believe it or not. According to one of the Devs, originally they planned to have crew romantic interests for Shepard. Ken Donnelly was supposed to be one for FemShep. So the dev based him on someone his wife found sexy. Ewan MacGregor.

It was only much later that someone on the design team realized they put a scotsman in engineering and they did a collective 'Doh!'
That's pretty wild man! Where did you hear about that, the special edition?
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
...and right there I became incapable of taking anything you say seriously ever again.

It's a character flaw of mine. Sorry .
Thats cool. Although I don't see what was wrong but hey you are entitled to do what ever you like.
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
1) don't compare STO to ME2

2) don't compare STO to ME2

3) see above
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-02-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxanna
Thats cool. Although I don't see what was wrong but hey you are entitled to do what ever you like.
I just found Rick Berman's "contributions" to Star Trek to be a blight on society. All of society, not just the Trek franchise .

Take it as a good-natured raspberry from the peanut gallery. You're clearly a good enough sport I may have to go back to reading your posts again.
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcubed
Mass Effect 2 vs. STO
Exploration:

ME 2: You happen to find a signal on a remote planet. Launch a probe to find that it is a distress signal or derelict space craft. You go explore it. The effects are amazing in all of these completely different missions. Sometimes you are on a wobbly ship about to fall off a cliff (which moves as you walk around it) or you find a crashed ship whose mech cargo has activated and will try to kill you as you escape with the ships logs. Again exploration feature, much better than STO.
I don't think I could disagree more. The areas in ME2 are samey, and too few and far between... but in STO, there's literally hundreds of planets you can visit. I admit, some are samey - even some quests are generic, but the exploration in STO is definately alot better than ME2.
Lt. Commander
# 89
03-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato23 View Post
1) don't compare STO to ME2

2) don't compare STO to ME2

3) see above
Too bad.. I already did... Take some time to read this entire thread.. you may learn a thing or 2
Lt. Commander
# 90
03-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLiam View Post
I don't think I could disagree more. The areas in ME2 are samey, and too few and far between... but in STO, there's literally hundreds of planets you can visit. I admit, some are samey - even some quests are generic, but the exploration in STO is definately alot better than ME2.
"some are samey?" "generic quests"

I'm sorry, you just turned STO into a grind that I don't want to play...