Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
By all means tell the devs. If you can find them. And assuming they listen. I'm not much of an optimist in that department.

But when you harp on it to the rest of us, it's going to come across as whining, and even if we wanted to do something about it, we're not the devs. I mean really, what do you think is going to happen when you start complaining in chat?
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
compare t2-t4 pvp qeues with t5 pvp qeues. they pop exponentially more often (15 seconds vs 30 minutes)
this is the exact reason i have been leveling only via pvp, because I know once i get to t3 an t4 it will be a wasteland, an i can catch up on all the ' content ' i missed >.<
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
But when you harp on it to the rest of us, it's going to come across as whining, and even if we wanted to do something about it, we're not the devs. I mean really, what do you think is going to happen when you start complaining in chat?
Who the **** is talking to you? Who do you think you are?

Maybe you haven't realized it but this is the feedback forum. That is why there are people here complaining about things that are obviously wrong with the game. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the threads! Grow up. The only one whining here is you, complaining about what people are saying in threads nobody is forcing you to read.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
90% of the PvP pug arena's that I lose is because I spawn into 5 Klingons already camping the Fed start area.

What happens is mostly the Feds take a huge time to actually join the arena game once the bugged indicator pops up, if it ever pops up (if it doesn't, somone has to keep checking the pvp window to make sure his turn hasn't come yet).

Thus, when they enter the game they find already 5 already waiting Klingons firing at them. They have no chance to run away. They die. When they do, they spawn at different locations from their teammates. And if a Fed is not in a group already, which he cannot be because not everyone has joined the game yet, he/she cannot see where his/her teammates are in the map. Thus he wanders without purpose until eventually some Klingon finds him gets him out of impulse and VM/jam/snb him until his teammates get there.

This way, there is absolutely no chance of a coordinated 5v5 battle. Given the obvious superiority of Klingon ships, Fed players NEED support and heals from their teammates to actually have a chance at winning.

What could be done to fix this:

1) Don't start the arena until all players from all teams arrive at the arena.

2) Automatically team the players into an arena team that is different from normal teams that are formed outside of PvP, so that when they exit the arena, they enter their former teams they were in just before they joined the pvp. Otherwise the players have to team up all the time and when you can't see the other player in the same arena with you and you're not near him, you can't invite him to your team. Plus, some players enter the game in a team where not all players are participating in pvp, so teams become full and someguy gets leftout and as a result, cannot see the health of his teammates, neither his teammates can see his. Healing becomes almost impossible.
I agree wholeheartedly. The problem works both ways. I usually see the klingons overmatched more than the feds during the times I am on. I kid you not, I played a salvage mission last week which was 2K vs 10F. At least it ended fast. The klingons have gotten smarter however and all who are queued will now select the same match. When the Klings in the queue outnumber the feds it usually is the feds trickling into a massacre. At least the klings can cloak and wait for help.
This is a big problem that has been gone under the radar imho. Another proposal I made was to hold the player once they confirmed for one minute, to not start the battle until everyone had confirmed, and then to kick everyone back to the queue if the right number failed to confirm. This should get everyone off at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
join the club, and never qeue for solar wind, klinks practically ignore it. I've sat in an arena for 15 minutes timing to see if a klink would join, eventually i got bored and left without a single klink entering it.
They probably were cloaked and left 2 mins after seeing no other klinks there. I admit that I have done this a few times. If I did see only one fed ship I would have attacked 1v1 though. 1v1 is rare but really fun. Hey that makes for another good suggestion for the devs: Make 1v1 arenas.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Deaux
At admiral level, I've seen on average only 10 or so Klink's in the PVP arena, usually spread out all over the place so there's usually not a session going due to lack of players. Been like this at least a week now. So one way to beat the Klingons is to bore them to death.

I was thinking about starting up a Klink, but if they ever develop some real Klingon content, I'd have to start all over again with a new toon to enjoy it. I'll wait till later and see.
I have both fed and klink chars. I tend to prefer the klink char for now since you can advance quickly via pvp alone. After reaching T5 I find myself wanting to advance my fed chars more.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2010, 05:42 AM
I mean seriously.. I have sooo much fun during pvp when we actually do have a nice fight..

Today, in one of the arenas that I entered, again I was welcomed by a carrier with full fighters deployed sitting 2km's ahead facing me and other Klingons. I attempted to run but got caught when I received a message from a Klingon player who told me to run away!!

The Klingon's name started with M.. too bad I forgot, but he told me that he did not sanction what the Klingons were doing-which is practically griefing and has been outlawed in every online/multiplayer game community I have ever participated in-and he did not participate in it by staying cloaked.

As I expressed my emotions then, I respect that player for what he has done. People should learn from him.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Green
They probably were cloaked and left 2 mins after seeing no other klinks there. I admit that I have done this a few times. If I did see only one fed ship I would have attacked 1v1 though. 1v1 is rare but really fun. Hey that makes for another good suggestion for the devs: Make 1v1 arenas.
Definitely! I had one successful 1v1 match so far, during a game where I was one of two on the Fed side, with a complete Klingon team on the map.

Was the most fun I've had so far, and much better than the usual 'heal target A, kill target B' stuff the encounters usually degenerate into. Not skill spam, but tactical thinking about position and sparse use of abilities in the right moment decided that match in my favor. Well, and the fact that BoP kept out of it...they'd have wiped the floor with me otherwise. I'm still a bit proud I managed to bloody his nose before he blew me up.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-02-2010, 07:39 AM
All I can say to people is STOP SPAWN CAMPING. It's low.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
Who the **** is talking to you? Who do you think you are?

Maybe you haven't realized it but this is the feedback forum. That is why there are people here complaining about things that are obviously wrong with the game. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the threads! Grow up. The only one whining here is you, complaining about what people are saying in threads nobody is forcing you to read.
He's talking about in game, to the opposing team. Which I also am. Reading. Comprehension.