Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 cage of fire: 4/5 hostages
03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey there!

Besides of the pathing issues known I have the following bug in the instance:

The first hostage (questgiver) bugged out. Now there are only 4/5 hostages in instance. If i leave the instance and come back, I will restart at the questgivers loc with 0/5 hostages, unfortunately the questgiver is missing. Basically im stuck with 4/5 hostages no matter what I do.

It's step 4/4 of the story mission, so I would prefer not to cancel it. Any info here?

Thx in advance -

Kaiyanwan
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 12:11 AM
No way to solve this problem.

Had to cancel the mission and start all over. Second time the quest hostage gave 1/5. It's really annoying to restart a story mission at the last step.

For general feedback visit my (long) thread here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=128817

Kaiyanwan
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I had the same issue on my main character. One of the hostages wouldn't "release" after his captors were killed. I talked to him, but he stayed in the sitting position and never beamed out.

I saved the mission and re-ran the entire arc with someone else. That cleared out mine for me without dropping.

Anyway...yeah...severely bugged mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
This mission is under heavy scrutiny by the content designers and they are working to get these bugs ironed out. Fixes will be coming soon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Thank goodness they are working on it. I am having the exact same problem. I can't even get to the 5th hostage, the firewall wont come down. Wanna complete it........
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I had a ton of issues with this mission as well, now that I know im not the only one I feel better though lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I got hit by a different bug on this mission. While fighting the boss, there are different sections where once you do a certain amount of damage, the boss disappears and groups of mobs attack. Well I fought off the first group of mobs, and the boss came back, and I got an expose and hit her with an exploit, and she disappeared and no more mobs appeared, and it said I still had to defeat the boss. I walked all around the arena, couldn't find anything.

Also, I noticed that the missions is bugged with invisible barriers that your boffs can't get past on their own. You have to walk back and use waypoints to get them past it.

Glad to see you guys are working on the mission and I hope you fix these bugs as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
My bug in this mission is that I've beaten the mission, but I can't finish it. My BOFF tells me "we have all the hostages, they will survive, we should leave and tell Starfleet." Well, I hit the return to sector button, I return to sector... but the mission tells me to go to the Fire Caves. Sounds like this mission is just completely hosed all the way around! (yeah, I'll bug it in game too)
Lt. Commander
# 9 Same problem here
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Just want to report in that I had the same problem with continuing the mission at the point where you get the hostage part of the quest. Quest-giver was missing as the OP said, and I couldn't complete. Look forward to a fix soon, as I love the whole Bajoran/Cardassian story stuff and really want to read the end of this mission!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 10 Me Too
03-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Ran into the same problem tonight. Very annoying. 4/5 hostages rescued and I'm stuck. And killing all those guys is tedious work! I hope they get this one fixed quick because I'd really like to complete it.