Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-03-2010, 05:20 AM
No change to shields that I can see. Mine were 10k the day before yesterday, yesterday, and today. Shield capacity changes depending on the ship you're piloting. If your selected ship a couple of days ago was science (which it would have to be to have 10k shields) and you switched to an escort, then the shield cap would drop a LOT.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
No change to shields that I can see. Mine were 10k the day before yesterday, yesterday, and today. Shield capacity changes depending on the ship you're piloting. If your selected ship a couple of days ago was science (which it would have to be to have 10k shields) and you switched to an escort, then the shield cap would drop a LOT.

No i just switched between advanced escort and fleet escort. No other vessel involved. And i had well over 10 000 hit points to begin with and then it dropped to 6513! And i even switched back to advanced escort but the shield still where low on hit points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Must have been a tooltip error. No way an escort ever had shields to match a science vessel.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
My ships computer has this same bug, telling me a shield is down when it is not.

It would be nice if the computer or your bo's could say captain we just got hit with x so or shield generator just went down, Tacyon pulse just took out our fore shields etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Probably related...

I was in space pvp yesterday evening and twice my ship blew with 100% shields on. There was no FBP being used and I took no shield damage at all - it went straight to hull. I spoke to the klink afterwards using tells and he thought it was kind of weird too.

Another game, 30 minutes later and a team mate went pop about 15k ahead of the ball. We ALL watched his hull drop and his shields stay at 100%. Again, I spoke a klink from the match after the game and he said the same thing, it was strange - but it had happened.

Something isn't quite right and my gut instinct is it's since the last patch as I don't remember it happening before.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I've seen this happen too. Sometimes i'll enter battle fully buffed and be able to survive several Klingons pounding at me in PvP - sure I still die being outmatched but I do last a while. Yesterday I entered a battle group and was destroyed within 3 seconds. The shields didn't register a thing, there was hardly time to see the hull damage - I was there one second and gone the next. It seems very variable to me....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Aren't people just talking about Feedback Pulse? It can hit for well over 2k per beam shot, and with your beams firing 4 shots per volley... well it adds up quick. Pretty much why I went to a full cannon setup, hehe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanlyManly View Post
Aren't people just talking about Feedback Pulse? It can hit for well over 2k per beam shot, and with your beams firing 4 shots per volley... well it adds up quick. Pretty much why I went to a full cannon setup, hehe.
Nope. As I said in my post above, there was no FBP used in the fights I was in. Just full on hull bleed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
Probably related...

I was in space pvp yesterday evening and twice my ship blew with 100% shields on. There was no FBP being used and I took no shield damage at all - it went straight to hull. I spoke to the klink afterwards using tells and he thought it was kind of weird too.

Another game, 30 minutes later and a team mate went pop about 15k ahead of the ball. We ALL watched his hull drop and his shields stay at 100%. Again, I spoke a klink from the match after the game and he said the same thing, it was strange - but it had happened.

Something isn't quite right and my gut instinct is it's since the last patch as I don't remember it happening before.
Yes still have that happening to me in pvp or pve and now my 2nd toon is having that happening to that noob ship shields. dont know what to do atm..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danpiru
Hello I not blaming the klingons on anything. I stating that there SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE FED SIDE SHIELDS!!!!!!!!! They are not working correctly.

What you all read so far and then reply thinking I'm BASHING someone? NO!

So when you look at a Mk VIII you only see 3900 as you MAX shield strenght Too??????? when that same shield a week in a half ago was stating a little over 7k so this tells the Klingon I'm bashing them when I trying to tell the Game devs there a problem with the Shields. I've talked to other some have the same problem and some don't so as a bug its intermittent between ppl.

and the 2 people that replied that had there content removed If ya got nothing nice to say DON'T bother to write at all!
Shield max and strength varies based on the tier and type of vessel it is equiped to. SOme shields get higher scores on Cruisers than they do on Escorts, etc.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.