Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I actually learned something, too.

I was planning on doing the mail-Alt thing. Good to know how.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
I actually learned something, too.

I was planning on doing the mail-Alt thing. Good to know how.

Thanks!
I figure one of the end-game activities could be working on the "Ultimate" Bridge much like in City of Heroes, people work on slotting purple recipe enhancements into their skills. Thinking about this makes the skill cap actually seem like a very logical thing to do, but in light of the skill cap introduced, it makes the character-slot limit seem like a very harsh way in forcing people to befriend other Rear Admirals so they could all train/craft Bridge Officers for one another so that each RA gets the ultimate crew for their other ALTs...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tem_Weathers
You can mail BOs to your alts, you just have to drag them straight from the assignment tab to the mail slot.
*Gets a package in the mail from an alt containing a dead red*****

Dammit! I told you to poke holes in the box!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
more thing i've learn today, you can mail them! it is safer and less messy than the usual trick of buying your own stuff on the AH. (did you guys know that, it is a nice way to transfer energy between alts.

Quote:
I figure one of the end-game activities could be working on the "Ultimate" Bridge much like in City of Heroes, people work on slotting purple recipe enhancements into their skills. Thinking about this makes the skill cap actually seem like a very logical thing to do, but in light of the skill cap introduced, it makes the character-slot limit seem like a very harsh way in forcing people to befriend other Rear Admirals so they could all train/craft Bridge Officers for one another so that each RA gets the ultimate crew for their other ALTs...
unless i need to learn something new again... you can only train BO after you have commissioned them, after commission you can no longer trade them, ie they are bound. unless ofc i got this wrong as well...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEII
more thing i've learn today, you can mail them! it is safer and less messy than the usual trick of buying your own stuff on the AH. (did you guys know that, it is a nice way to transfer energy between alts.

unless i need to learn something new again... you can only train BO after you have commissioned them, after commission you can no longer trade them, ie they are bound. unless ofc i got this wrong as well...
You're right on both counts. Buying stuff from yourself is a way to send EC around, however, as far as I understand the Exchange, I'm not sure you can be certain the item you're buying was actually put on sale by your alt. Sure you can set a unique price for it, like 1,234,567 EC and pay it to yourself, but then again, so could a lot of other people, you know?

It seems like you're right about not being able to trade BO's you've trained, which seems like a big shame because as far as I understand from how the Devs described the game (at least in closed-beta) the idea would be that a Tactical Admiral could train a Tac BO for a friend who's a Science Admiral for example. Right now, with the skill-cap, and the way ships are designed, it may not be possible yet...

EDIT :: OH!!! I almost forgot. This may or may not work, but how about if two Admirals met and initiated a Trade, put a BO in the trade slot, and attempted each to train the other's BO?! I wonder if THAT could work...