Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
My Klingon BO used his Bat'leth very well, he made a pretty good tank. I swapped him out for a Vulcan and gave her the Bat'leth, she hardly ever uses it. She just spends most of her time spamming overwatch.

I wonder if there is an aggressiveness trait that is making this happen.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larabic View Post
So i guess the question now is it intentional or is should we (I) submit it as a bug and hope they fix it, if you can't give BO's a Bat'leth every BO with reptilian strength is pretty much a waste.
I've also /bugged this in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Yea I am very disapointed. I set up my new security officer with leg sweep, lunge, stealth module, and a bat'leth expecting her to storm in and lay waste to some romulans. Instead, she sits there doing nothing, and I even have to tell her to use leg sweep. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Also, a federation sword (ala Sulu in the Abramsverse) would be a welcome addition for this kind of thing.

I guess I need to give her some phasers or something for now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Wow, disappointing. I *just* today set up my Klingon Hotties Assassination Squad all equipped with tight leather and bat'leths, hoping to test them out. Ground combat is atrocious and I thought if I had something interesting to watch it might be better.

Bummer!
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2010, 02:45 AM
I have the same issue... Klingon BO with superior health and melee powers... trained in close combat skills... not using the Bat'leth and just crouching like a child in fighting situations... Seriously... give a BO with melee weapon at least the same fighting AI as the enemy "melee fighters" have.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought I would try another BO with a Bat'leth this weekend. I bought a female Vulcan tac officer with Nerve Pinch and Leg Sweep. Gave her the Bat'leth, and she did nothing again but crouch in the corner and watch us get shot up.

I tried sending her in unarmed, gave her pistols, rifles, and I only seen her leg sweep twice. The Nerve Pinch move never happened either. Is the Nerve Pinch totally broke?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2010, 08:53 PM
From what i could tell Boff's only melee if they are the current target and are attacked first. If its a tact Boff try the skill that makes them do a "false" expose that causes enemies to target them. That might help a little bit.

If the DEVs had just 1/10th the passion players have for the game we wouldn't be seeing so many things going to server this poorly made.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Orcutt
If the DEVs had just 1/10th the passion players have for the game we wouldn't be seeing so many things going to server this poorly made.
It's a job to them. (low passion)

It's entertainment to most of us. (moderate passion)

It's the actualization of a dream for some. (way too much passion)

Someday my leather-clad assassin babes will come out of their stasis tubes. Till then, its back to my boring bridge crew vaporizing endless waves of soldiers.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Any word on a fix for this yet or not? I am temped to dump my melee Boff and redesign her if this isn't happening...
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Tested it on tribble:

BOs use the Bat'leth, if they are attacked in close combat or if they are standing very close to an Enemy by assigning them manually to a point near the target. They use it once, then stash it again and wait. They do not use combos or anything.

BOs use melee Special Skills if you order them to do... If you have a target or they have a target and you click on a melee special -Icon next to the BOs picture in your HUD, they run close, use the skill and then run away again...

Of course you can assign every move manually, but what's the point, if you could simply give them a Phaser and watch them fight properly

So, I guess, nothing new on the test server... BO close combat AI is still no par for the NPC Melee Fighters and no BO will actively run close, use Bat'leth combos and Skills and go after the Enemy themselves. I really hope for a Fix soon... till then, my melee Klingon BO will stay on the bridge...