Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
There is the small matter that they also closed the community forum down at Atari because they could not cope with the complaints this weekend.

Well, At least I still have this image in a Mail directly to me in name, from Atari Inc offering the game to me with free shipping and 60 days free. Unless they send someone round with a magic marker of course and scribble it out on my screen overnight.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8...ced0937177.jpg

To the guy above saying what does it matter over a promotion? Here's a small thing to think about. If it's no big deal why have they removed it and reneged on the deal with purchaser who took advantage of the offer? (with the added bonus of banning one from the site just for asking where his 60 day code had gone from his account page and where his money that was taken for shipping was.)

Lock your doors, turn off the lights, and stay clear of the windows, my friend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Might as well ban me as Cryptic has been doing to others cause I love to flame and troll!

I say all current users should get together and file a HUGE FRAUD CLAIM against Cryptic. make them go under. Tons of people are unemployed without cause when failures like Cryptic management remain gainfully employed? BS!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
here is the best idea. dont give anyone a extra 30 days but instead go back to the capless skill system
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
03-01-2010, 06:07 PM
It is clear that Cryptic is sabotaging this game and it is optimistic in my opinion to think this game will be around in two years time. There is simply too much negative press on many 3rd party web sites regarding this fiasco and how Cryptic is handling it.

I cannot place my faith or my money in a games future where that future is being called into question by the very developer trying to promote it. I do not think it is fair to take my money under a false pretense that the game will be around for many years all the while decisions are made that undermine its longevity. This is disingenuous to say the least and criminal at the worst.

If Cryptic isn't even willing to part with anything intangible to make the players happy, then how can I be expected to believe Cryptic would part with anything tangible and real.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
03-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
Might as well ban me as Cryptic has been doing to others cause I love to flame and troll!

I say all current users should get together and file a HUGE FRAUD CLAIM against Cryptic. make them go under. Tons of people are unemployed without cause when failures like Cryptic management remain gainfully employed? BS!
I LOVE THIS POST. However, I have a few other far worse companies I'd like that to happen to first.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
03-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmemoreTrek View Post
It is clear that Cryptic is sabotaging this game and it is optimistic in my opinion to think this game will be around in two years time. There is simply too much negative press on many 3rd party web sites regarding this fiasco and how Cryptic is handling it.

I cannot place my faith or my money in a games future where that future is being called into question by the very developer trying to promote it. I do not think it is fair to take my money under a false pretense that the game will be around for many years all the while decisions are made that undermine its longevity. This is disingenuous to say the least and criminal at the worst.

If Cryptic isn't even willing to part with anything intangible to make the players happy, then how can I be expected to believe Cryptic would part with anything tangible and real.
+1. I know I said I'd be happy with an appology. That didn't mean a half assed one. I wont be re-subbing because all that dev post says to me is that the number of subs is more important that the community as a whole.

Oh, add to that it basically says sorry, but we don't give a damn. It was our marketing idea, it sort of worked how we intended now put up or shut up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
03-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
There is the small matter that they also closed the community forum down at Atari because they could not cope with the complaints this weekend.

Well, At least I still have this image in a Mail directly to me in name, from Atari Inc offering the game to me with free shipping and 60 days free. Unless they send someone round with a magic marker of course and scribble it out on my screen overnight.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8...ced0937177.jpg

To the guy above saying what does it matter over a promotion? Here's a small thing to think about. If it's no big deal why have they removed it and reneged on the deal with purchaser who took advantage of the offer? (with the added bonus of banning one from the site just for asking where his 60 day code had gone from his account page and where his money that was taken for shipping was.)
I heard about this, and read the story on tentonhammer.

Up untill this point I thought Cryptic was simple "in over their heads". Maybe a little incompitent.

After ready that story and what has happened....

I now firmly beleive there is evil there.

Call that statement dramatic if you wish. But that is truely how I see it.
Cold, calculated theft without an apology, but instead a banning?
How dare they! That alone would make me cancel!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
This response is as empty as your promises for content and timely patches.

I say 'SCREW YOU' I do not believe you, words cost nothing, actions talk. Just like canceling subs talks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
woo for my sig an woo for my avatar

how you get a avatar that big lol
sez 100x100 an thats what I put mine at :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
03-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
woo for my sig an woo for my avatar

how you get a avatar that big lol
sez 100x100 an thats what I put mine at :p
Yours is 100x60 o_O
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 AM.