Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverShrimp
It took you all day to come up with that?

It basically says nothing and doesn't make me want to reactivate my subscription.
agreed this was a massive "exspperiment" that any marketing exec should have seen fail writen all over imo and imo it isnt going to make the communitey feel any better about this

the one good thing about this is youve admitid your mistake but why did it take this long?
Lt. Commander
# 22
Really? that didn't help.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden_STO
They took my advice and reiterated what Steve Jobs said!

Thank you for the statement
Except they forgot the part where Jobs and Apple gave something concrete ($100) back to the early adopters.

Deeds, not words.
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
In the case of a game like Star Trek, we believe a larger number of players is a benefit to the entire community.
How does that work exactly in a game so heavily instanced and with sever limitations on the number of players in any one place at any one time? Whether you have 50 or 50000 players you can only group with 5 in a DSE, etc. More numbers isn't necessarily a good thing for the community. But it does draw in more suckers to fork over cash for the game and then $15 a month for the suits.

I told you yesterday....these guys fell and wallowed in a pile of poo and all they think they need to do is use a screwdriver to scrape it off the bottoms of their shoes.

They don't get it, they sure are trying to give it to us.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Like many companies, we are actively trying to sell games we are very proud of in an extremely competitive marketplace and we are always testing new ways to get more people using our products. The weekend promotion at Atari.com was one of those experiments. In the case of a game like Star Trek, we believe a larger number of players is a benefit to the entire community.
My take:

"We are sure the number of people that come in will be greater than those that left. We're a business whatta ya want? It was good business."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcLybhbChQ

I win
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Thank you for the information, after the fact. I think that there are a lot of people that are bothered by a couple of things with this offer. First off, timing. The game has been out less than a month, and you are offering people the game we paid (up to $100.00 for- same day shipping + Tax) for less and you are giving them twice the free time that we recieved when we paid more.
I think that everyone is 'all for' increasing the size of the STO community, but I think that you can do that without making exsisting subscribers feel as though he got the 'short end of the stick' when WE have been here since Beta.
Thanks for your time, I hope that something can be done for all of us that Pre-Ordered and participated in the Beta... like:

1) Give us 30 days without billing.
2) Offer a 'Rewards' program for people that continue subscriptions... Like **** does. In game items that increase the rate of XP, or other in game item... Maybe the shuttle that was offered via Del Taco?
3) Any combination of both of the above.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
In the case of a game like Star Trek, we believe a larger number of players is a benefit to the entire community.
I agree. As someone who wants to continue enjoying this game, a healthy subscriber base that allows for continued development is in my best interest as well. I am, honestly, more surprised (and disappointed) by the negative reaction than anything else. Not everyone saw this weekend's sale in a negative light.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Hmmm....welll....
03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Although I'm happy a response finally came, this was very dry and common; as in doesn't this feel like a response that has been said may times before from other games or other things...?

Timing for this was horrible. I could understand 4-5 months, but a few weeks from release...?

I do truely hope you guys recover and redeem yourselves with the players that haven't left STO. I have enjoyed the game so far and I am hoping GU1 and other GU's will improve STO.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:

We won’t always get it right, but we’re always trying to do the right thing by you.

We do apologize and we appreciate your patience as we continue to do our best to make Star Trek Online the best game possible.

Thank you.

Philip Dean
Director of Customer Support
All I wanted to hear apology accepted and moving on. Although next time don't try all the coverup tactics and spin. Fool me once and all that, you are not getting another chance. Thank you for this though. Now get busy with actually doing something actions do speak louder than words too.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Thank you for responding to it all be it WAY TO LATE. In the day and age of all the digital products cell phones laptops. There is no way that someone higher up could not have seen this and done something about this alot sooner.

As to what was done it was one of the worst things I have ever seen in any MMO ever. Where I can see wanting to try and get new people in would be a good thing. That is not how to do it. To a movie star or singer there might not be a thing as bad publicity. This is a corporation and as such there is bad publicity.
With what was said here I still donot see any redeeming of trust, I see the exact oposite actually. We will do anything to sell games and to hell with how our customers fell is what I personally read.

I had high hopes for this game and still would like to think it coud make it but I will not be here to pay them to play for now.