Lt. Commander
I can't seem to find a way to cut power to weapons and shields as a sign of good faith to new races etc.. Maybe that's why they all attack me and I have to atomize them? All they see is a ship with powered shields and weapons, what are they supposed to think?
I suppose I could unequip my shields and weapons, however if it's decided to attack me I can no longer "Raise shields" or "power up weapons" since once in combat I can't do anything with equipment.

Not very "Star Trek" if you don't have to "Raise shields". Just fly around with them on all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norry View Post
Not very "Star Trek" if you don't have to "Raise shields". Just fly around with them on all the time.
Makes sense they'd keep them up, though, while in a war with the Klingons. Shieldless Federation ships would be easy pickings for cloaked attackers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Nothing responds well to diplomacy in this game. Blast 'em all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
hmm not sure whether to go for the "because its the future and now starfleet has too many enemies for the old keep sheilds down policy" or go for the "cause its lazy coding".

uuuhhhh...lazy coding, theres your answer
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey! Look! It's a giant... crystalline... thing!

Let's lower our weapons and shields, guys. We don't want to seem hosti... OH GOD IT'S RAPING OUR DEFLECTOR DISH!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Makes sense they'd keep them up, though, while in a war with the Klingons. Shieldless Federation ships would be easy pickings for cloaked attackers.
Even in the series they would give the benefit of the doubt. Granted, usually to their own detriment... still.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithie
Hey! Look! It's a giant... crystalline... thing!

Let's lower our weapons and shields, guys. We don't want to seem hosti... OH GOD IT'S RAPING OUR DEFLECTOR DISH!
As long as the ship doesn't give birth in the middle of combat..
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norry View Post
Even in the series they would give the benefit of the doubt. Granted, usually to their own detriment... still.
That's what being a Starfleet officer is really about. To remain unafraid and offer diplomacy even to an enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
We are the Federation, prepare to be obliterated, resistance is futile....
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Would be nice to be able to decide your own alert level and suffer the consequences accordingly.