Lt. Commander
# 141
05-01-2012, 03:56 AM
HI all,
someone have informations about the bridge view? It still on the way this great idea?
IF its a cost problem wy not to do a payable bridge view?
Lt. Commander
# 142
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpharaider47 View Post
I've seen many people on this forum, and in game hope for and suggest being able to play from the bridge. I've heard that Cryptic had a working version but didn't like the results. Most people want it, maybe its only practical for Sector Space or regions with Star Bases, no combat etc. So in response to this I have created a quick mock-up of how a possible bridge view could work -

http://img195.yfrog.com/img195/9223/...viewmockup.jpg

Now, in order to make it more effective, and to work with all bridges Cryptic would need to rescale either the entire Bridge, or the Viewscreen. I personally would like to a combination of this on the larger bridges. I have also not heard of any huge bridge parties, so the need for immense bridges is not necessary. If this were done in combination with additional rooms/ship interiors, this would not be a concern at all. (This does not suggest that bridge view mode would require additional ship interiors, I recognize that that could cause issues.)

I feel that the particular bridge I chose (The standard design) works quite well, but again a larger viewscreen would make for a better experience.

The ship could be removed, leaving only (in this image) a view of Earth. This mode would be quite effective in sector space as was pointed out earlier, as well as areas like Earth Spacedock, DS9, K7. etc. I don't see why it couldn't work for combat as well, but you probably wouldn't be able to see much of your ship/ the enemy in this case.

Anyways I hope that you guys enjoy this and will give feedback. I may consider doing more mock-ups of some of the other bridges if there is any more interest. Who knows maybe Cryptic can implement something similar to this in the near future.

*Edit: I've seen a number of good ideas, so I'll create a bullet list of some of them*

-Rescale Bridges and Viewscreens Accordingly
-Move Captain's Chair, or reposition Camera over Captain's shoulder
-In time, allow movement around the bridge while autopiloting towards a destination
-Employ red lighting when ship goes to Red Alert like in the movies/TV Shows
-Allow an option to sit in the Captain's Chair (Goes with point # 3)
-Add grid system or arrow to point out enemy locations and to ease PVE (requires Bridge View to be valid)
-Add a hotkey to cycle cameras on the viewscreen to view the area from different angles. Also allow click and drag system like what is used now.
-Allow incoming hails to be viewed from the viewscreen
-Announce "Red Alert" prior to entering enemy signal contacts
-Ability to select what stations bridge officers occupy, allow players to select uniforms for NPCs that also occupy bridges. (Bridge officers could appear at stations based on the loadout one has in assignments.)
-Use of the bridge as a map for shipboard dialogue/hails/etc. In combat, captain could hail enemy ship and if successful, transport to bridge, saving combat stats in case things go sour. (see page 12 for more info.)
Never going to happen. Not because it isn't a good idea, but because Cryptic has flat out said that it is never going to happen and that we should consider ourselves lucky to have the interiors we do have (was originally their desire that no interiors be in the game at all).
Lt. Commander
# 143
05-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935
Never going to happen. Not because it isn't a good idea, but because Cryptic has flat out said that it is never going to happen and that we should consider ourselves lucky to have the interiors we do have (was originally their desire that no interiors be in the game at all).
Which was as cosmicly stupid an idea as I'd ever heard of.

Why would you make a Trek MMO that doesn't let you go inside your ship?

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
Closed Thread