Lt. Commander
# 21
03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I can totally understand this not being practical in PVP, I think it could work in PVE, as its not nearly as difficult, but it would take some getting used to. I like that idea of a mini screen to show the interior, that would work well in combat. An idea I had kind of though about was perhaps a button to cycle "cameras" on the Viewscreen, allowing you to cycle between 4 sides of the ship, with perhaps a way to manually rotate this like the camera now. This would allow you to see all sides of the ship, and any enemies you may be fighting. If I remember right there had something similar in Generations at the end when they fired the torpedo at the BoP. I'd have to watch the movie again to be sure though. Again, this wouldn't be viable in PVP, but might help in PVE. Controls might take getting used to though, it could be similar to driving a vehicle that can look in multiple directions (like a tank or something) in other games.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Agreed. This can work with a much larger viewscreen. Perhaps something similiar to the concept art for Voyager's Bridge?
Good work, I like it a lot, and the concept art for the Voyager's Bridge nice. All the bridges should be some variations like the voyager concept art with the OP mixed in. We are in the future of Star trek we should have bridges like that. Great ideas guys but I feel it will never happen with all the Other messes going down.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
There are definitely more pressing issues like adding more content, but I think a feature like this would add more "replay value" for lack of a better phase. It might attract more people as well, it would be great for role play.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Love the Bioware Alumni manning your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Love the Bioware Alumni manning your bridge.
Hehe what can I say? I love Basty =P And the others are cool too. Also, Bioware has created three of the greatest games I've ever played in my life : Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpharaider47 View Post
There are definitely more pressing issues like adding more content, but I think a feature like this would add more "replay value" for lack of a better phase. It might attract more people as well, it would be great for role play.
ya don't get me worng. I agree it would do that it is just I do not think they would re write the code and if they did it would be a year down the road. But I love the idea so much so I want it know.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-01-2010, 09:24 PM
this would so make the game for me. I would be happy with minimal view screen while walking around the bridge, say just a nose camera. In combat, have the Captain in the seat looking over the shoulder, view screen auto locked onto target. Tab to cycle through them, esc to go back to nose camera...ect... Being able to target enemy ships via the sector map and have your helm say stay in weapons range... now I gota go do a mock up lol
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
I think for bridge view combat, they would need to add something like a 3D "map" next to the 2D map, like a square 3D grid so you can see where enemy ships are in relation to you (below you, above you, etc) or playing like that could be really difficult
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
lol, well I hope Cryptic can see these ideas through the dust and debris left by the firestorm that swept through the forums. I'd definitely be willing to wait for a feature like this, if they decide to go for it, or for something like it, I hope they keep us informed. Its a feature that evidenced by Zenbeck, can make the game for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
How do you display a 3d map on an 2d screen? I have a hard time figuring out if the ship I am shooting is above or below me with some camera angles. Maybe the game needs a 3d coordinate system so you can tell where the ship is in relation to you.
Closed Thread