Lt. Commander
# 1 Massive lag spikes
03-01-2010, 08:30 PM
So I was playing today and suddenly, while traveling around the Alpha Centauri sector block it starts lagging very very badly so I logged off for an hour. I returned and within ten minutes of playing it happened again. The lag renders the game completely unplayable, and these lag spikes have been happening since I started playing the game in OB. The rate at which these lag spikes occur has decreased as the server stability increases with patches but I seem to be the only one affected by it in game when it happens. So does anyone else have this issue? The lag seems to be a sudden FPS drop, thats my guess....im not sure how to check my FPS while playing though so I dont know.

system specs:
NVIDIA GeForce 260
6GB DDR2 RAM
dual core intel 2.53
windows 7 64bit
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 08:36 PM
/showfps 1
will display the fps
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
/showfps 1
will display the fps
thanks, oh and I also just started up Aliens vs Predator....and it was lagging horribly online just like STO was before I logged off....this may be an issue related to my laptop and not STO at all....hmm....disturbing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
thanks, oh and I also just started up Aliens vs Predator....and it was lagging horribly online just like STO was before I logged off....this may be an issue related to my laptop and not STO at all....hmm....disturbing.
may be a memory leak, try resetting your computer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I tried the /showfps 1 and when things were good it was hovering about 35, sometimes going high as 65 but then it would shoot down to 1.95 and I'd get so much lag that I couldn't play. Just on a whim I reset my video to default and that brought it down to 800x600. The game play did get better but everything was so blurry and the displays were so big that again the game was unplayable.

I tried to set the screen to my desktop resolution which is 1900X1200 and while the displays went back to normal size, the ships, planets and npcs were still mostly out of focus.

Anyone have any ideas?