Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-01-2010, 10:39 PM
The new content is supposed to go live on Tribble first for a bit before it gets moved to live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I think this patch will fix many of the things that have so far been back burner-ed.



1) Bridge officer pathing, and the away team maps that seem to have been intentionally designed to trap bridge officers are being improved.

2) Redesigned pop up screens that interrupt and hinder mission progress instead of helping and informing are in.

3) Ships getting stuck in rocks and debris has been addressed.

4) The bug that inhibited re spawn after being killed has been solved. (Although this may be left in as it is the only deterrent to death at this point)

5) PvP Que system will be revamped and 1000 new Klingon's will keep the Que moving.

6) Bridge view will be implemented so that middle mouse button scrolling will zoom you in and out of the bridge.

7) A new Bridge Officer personality protocol will add more depth to STO by making your crew an interesting and important part of the game.

8) While shield damage will remain as is, Hull damage will require resources to repair.

9) A new crafting and research center will be introduced.

10) More Klingon content is opened.



In short, many of the bugs and reports we have been submitted are now being addressed instead of just being marked "resolved" or outright deleted.



Am I being to optimistic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
I think this patch will fix many of the things that have so far been back burner-ed.



1) Bridge officer pathing, and the away team maps that seem to have been intentionally designed to trap bridge officers are being improved.

2) Redesigned pop up screens that interrupt and hinder mission progress instead of helping and informing are in.

3) Ships getting stuck in rocks and debris has been addressed.

4) The bug that inhibited re spawn after being killed has been solved. (Although this may be left in as it is the only deterrent to death at this point)

5) PvP Que system will be revamped and 1000 new Klingon's will keep the Que moving.

6) Bridge view will be implemented so that middle mouse button scrolling will zoom you in and out of the bridge.

7) A new Bridge Officer personality protocol will add more depth to STO by making your crew an interesting and important part of the game.

8) While shield damage will remain as is, Hull damage will require resources to repair.

9) A new crafting and research center will be introduced.

10) More Klingon content is opened.



In short, many of the bugs and reports we have been submitted are now being addressed instead of just being marked "resolved" or outright deleted.



Am I being to optimistic?
hehehehehehehe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
I think this patch will fix many of the things that have so far been back burner-ed.



1) Bridge officer pathing, and the away team maps that seem to have been intentionally designed to trap bridge officers are being improved.

2) Redesigned pop up screens that interrupt and hinder mission progress instead of helping and informing are in.

3) Ships getting stuck in rocks and debris has been addressed.

4) The bug that inhibited re spawn after being killed has been solved. (Although this may be left in as it is the only deterrent to death at this point)

5) PvP Que system will be revamped and 1000 new Klingon's will keep the Que moving.

6) Bridge view will be implemented so that middle mouse button scrolling will zoom you in and out of the bridge.

7) A new Bridge Officer personality protocol will add more depth to STO by making your crew an interesting and important part of the game.

8) While shield damage will remain as is, Hull damage will require resources to repair.

9) A new crafting and research center will be introduced.

10) More Klingon content is opened.



In short, many of the bugs and reports we have been submitted are now being addressed instead of just being marked "resolved" or outright deleted.



Am I being to optimistic?
Here is the problem. Some of your ideas are great, and actually possible in the next patch, but as you go down the list, you start to add your wishlist. Yes I know your post is meant to mock, but none of your wishlist ideas are bad.

I have always worked under the principle that if one has a good idea, flesh it out and share, or even sell it. Take your bridge officer personality, flesh out exactly what you would like to see, and email/post in under feedback. Expand on the hull needing to be repaired.

If you want these things, work with Cryptic, don't mock them. If you are just here for laughs, then keep on trucking, but please stop pretending to care if you are only going to mock or whine. If you cared, you would be emailing cryptic, you would be telling them what you think they have done right, and how they can improve the problems.

Instead, you are just being loud for the sake of being loud, and quite frankly I have heard enough of that self-important behavior to last me a lifetime.

Disclaimer: The 'you' in this statement does not refer to the quoted text's author, but to the collective 'you' which is the forum community right now. We as a community wont bloody whining, we whine about the game, we whine about the whining, we whine about the whining about the whining, it is getting old. Enjoy the bloody game.

(Yes i get that this could be construed as a whine about the whine, yadda yadda, in truth this is a vent, just releaseing the ever growing frustration at the self-important whining community that has formed out of the what was once a pleasant and happy community, It really is no wonder the world does not take the average gamer seriously. They say women are fickle, but damn, you can take the most capricious women in the world, and you still would not witness the speeds displayed in which a gamer can go from friend to mortal enemy, and back again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD

If you want these things, work with Cryptic, don't mock them. If you are just here for laughs, then keep on trucking, but please stop pretending to care if you are only going to mock or whine. If you cared, you would be emailing cryptic, you would be telling them what you think they have done right, and how they can improve the problems.
Cryptic doesn't seem to be "mindful" of their audience or Star Trek mythos. You either got it right or you don't. They've had plenty of time to "get it right", but given their track record with missed deadlines content that were advertised on the 24th, Major misleading in the new TV promo ad where 2sec out of 30 were actual game footage of what you could do, last couple of days of PR stupidity with the 90 days free, HELL even the about STO - http://startrekonline.com/about_star_trek_online should have an asterisk * attached to half with the astrick * meaning = well you can sorta do this. Working with this company would only serve to keep this company making bad games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Here is the problem. Some of your ideas are great, and actually possible in the next patch, but as you go down the list, you start to add your wishlist. Yes I know your post is meant to mock, but none of your wishlist ideas are bad.

I have always worked under the principle that if one has a good idea, flesh it out and share, or even sell it. Take your bridge officer personality, flesh out exactly what you would like to see, and email/post in under feedback. Expand on the hull needing to be repaired.

If you want these things, work with Cryptic, don't mock them. If you are just here for laughs, then keep on trucking, but please stop pretending to care if you are only going to mock or whine. If you cared, you would be emailing cryptic, you would be telling them what you think they have done right, and how they can improve the problems.

Instead, you are just being loud for the sake of being loud, and quite frankly I have heard enough of that self-important behavior to last me a lifetime.

Disclaimer: The 'you' in this statement does not refer to the quoted text's author, but to the collective 'you' which is the forum community right now. We as a community wont bloody whining, we whine about the game, we whine about the whining, we whine about the whining about the whining, it is getting old. Enjoy the bloody game.

(Yes i get that this could be construed as a whine about the whine, yadda yadda, in truth this is a vent, just releaseing the ever growing frustration at the self-important whining community that has formed out of the what was once a pleasant and happy community, It really is no wonder the world does not take the average gamer seriously. They say women are fickle, but damn, you can take the most capricious women in the world, and you still would not witness the speeds displayed in which a gamer can go from friend to mortal enemy, and back again.

I am sorry if this came across as to harsh to you. If you could go back and see my posts from beta you would see that I have tried to be helpful.

When I saw this thread I just thought it would be funny if they had actually looked at some of the issues that I had thought were being ignored.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-02-2010, 01:59 AM
From what I recall the first "big patch" was to be expected a month or two after release. If this is that said patch, then I'm happy because for all furry lovers, the Caitians are being added.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-02-2010, 02:08 AM
fact is.. we should have had the first raidisode like 2 weeks ago. seems like they are holding it until the next billing period. I don't care since I have like 4 months of gametime left from all the copies I bought, but it's still retarded moneygrabbing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Here's some info and a video, things are looking good.

Quote:
Special Task Force Missions
If you're looking for a challenge, look no further than our upcoming “Special Task Force” Missions - Raid Episodes, which combine bold storytelling with our toughest five-man missions yet. These are just a few of the Raid Episodes we'll be rolling out over the coming weeks, beginning a week after launch. Raid Episodes are available to both Federation and Klingon players.



Special Task Force: Infected

Starfleet has lost contact with one of its star bases. More than 400 officers could be lost, including a key member of Starfleet's Borg Task Force. Infiltrate the base and take the fight to the Borg!


•Retake the Sibiran system and shut down a transwarp conduit being used by the Borg to establish a foothold in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block.
•Investigate the strange new nanovirus the Borg are using to assimilate entire worlds at alarming speeds.
•Retake Starbase 89 before it is fully taken overrun by the Borg, and save what is left of the Starfleet personnel that are still there.
•Locate Captain Ogen’s Strike Team and Rebecca Simmons, the lead Borg Task Force researcher working on a cure for the nanovirus. Both went deep into the Borg infected starbase and haven’t reported back in quite some time.
•Infected is an extremely challenging a five-man mission, designed for a full party of players level 43 and higher.
•Lockstep teamwork and strategy will be required to defeat one of the toughest challenges yet in Star Trek Online.
•Coming Soon - Releasing March 2010.



Special Task Force: The Cure

The Klingon Defense Force has been conducting its own investigation into the Borg advance, and they believe that the Collective's next target is the Vorn system. Enemies may have to unite when confronted by a greater foe.


•Assist the I.K.S. Kang in a desperate battle with the Borg.
•Explore a planet that has been completely assimilated. Can you rescue the warriors before they are taken over by the Borg?
•Fight at the side of Ja'rod, son of Lursa.
•Free Klingon ships from Borg control, and gain their assistance in a final battle with a Borg fleet.



Special Task Force: Khitomer Accord

Finally, the mysteries of the Borg attack on Vega Colony are revealed! Why did the Borg attack there, and how was an unprepared Starfleet able to defeat them?


•Confront the Borg before they can use temporal anomalies to change the past of the Federation.
•Warp back into your own past, in the hours before the attack on Vega Colony.
•Discover a base where thousands of Borg drones are being held in stasis. What are the Borg's plans for this hidden army?
•Starfleet's not ready for the Borg. A defeat here could mean that the entire Alpha Quadrant falls. Balance the scales and fight the Borg for the preservation of the quadrant.
•Learn the fate of a missing Romulan empress.



Special Task Force: Into the Hive

The fate of the Alpha Quadrant hangs in the balance. Enter a unicomplex and confront the Borg Queen herself.


•Rescue civilians trapped on an assimilated world.
•Follow the trail to a unicomplex, and penetrate deep into the Borg stronghold.
•Confront the Borg Queen, and fight for the fate of the galaxy.





Special Task Force: Children of Khan

Amar Singh escapes from Federation custody, and he and an underground group of Augments steal the U.S.S. Asgard and race toward the remains of the Mutara Nebula. Can you stop them before they start a new Eugenics War?


•Fight a fleet assembled by Princep Khan and his followers.
•Beam onto the Asgard, and battle through its corridors to save civilians and crew.
•Confront the Princep. Can you deal with his transporter tricks?
•Save the divided Asgard and give the saucer section a chance to escape!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-02-2010, 02:16 AM
It would be nice of the special task force is launched with this patch. Might go along way to quelling the masses...me included.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 PM.