Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm an Admiral!! Not a lacky!
03-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Why am I flying around by myself as an Admiral? What about allowing us to outfit some of our older ships with limited BO's to act as support vessels to the "Admiral". 5v5 matches would be massive battles in their own right. It would be space combat that resembles ground combat as far as the controls are concerned. You could give them orders to be aggressive or passive who sit back and heal.

The battles could be meaningful where if you take out the Admiral the other vessels lose coordination and scatter ( pets de-spawn ). Meanwhile we would see some fights where it would seem like an actual fleet fighting a fleet. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Here at Cryptic, your feedback is very important to us. Please remain on the forums and we will answer your post as soon as possible. *elevator music*
That's actually a pretty cool idea. Give your XO command of one of your old ships and have a wingman.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Admiral Quin outranks you, so your still a lackey.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 02:05 AM
My Vo'Quv, two BoP's, three cruisers, eight To'Duj Fighters, eight Shield Drones and six Energy Siphons have a mission for you, should you choose to accept it.

It's a good day to Die! (Federation)
-Die 20 times to a Klingon Admiral's Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 02:21 AM
its true we should be able to fly more than one ship at once... Also Use formations I would love to have 3 Miranda class ships with type X beams and torps... Put a tactical commander on on and have them with High yield 3 and make them fire torps. Or let a buddy Pilot the ship.Even more fun 3 Bops decked out.

Because in times of war you wont usually be flying alone u will be in a battle group... As an Admiral you can have 3 or more ships. Some doing support others doing attack. A good way to balance it is to limit the amount of hull points. So you can mix and match ships. Low hull points would make you get one big Admiral ship or a commander ship and some smaller other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 02:31 AM
If you can't be trusted to read the forums and see that this has been suggested on a number of other threads why should you be trusted to command a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Wow, what an amazing idea is that?

Love it, op! That would be so great!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Why am I flying around by myself as an Admiral? What about allowing us to outfit some of our older ships with limited BO's to act as support vessels to the "Admiral". 5v5 matches would be massive battles in their own right. It would be space combat that resembles ground combat as far as the controls are concerned. You could give them orders to be aggressive or passive who sit back and heal.

The battles could be meaningful where if you take out the Admiral the other vessels lose coordination and scatter ( pets de-spawn ). Meanwhile we would see some fights where it would seem like an actual fleet fighting a fleet. Thoughts?
Because the only time even an Admiral commanded more than one ship in any Star Trek show/film was when the Borg paid a visit to Earth. At least as far as I can remember.

Edit: Also I would have to say no thank you to the idea. People think that the game is easy now? As it stands one ship can take on multiple mobs and survive it. Could you imagine what it would be like with one person commanding multiple ships?

"Whats that Captain? There's 50 enemy ships decloaking off the port bow?"

*Yawn*

*In a bored voice*

"Ok, lock all phasers and fire when ya feel like it. Wake me up when its all done."

*zzz*
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 04:01 AM
Given in a month everyone will probably be that rank, yes, yes you are still a lacky
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara

"Ok, lock all phasers and fire when ya feel like it. Wake me up when its all done."

*zzz*[/color]
Later said Admiral was flying away from the battle scene in a beat up shuttle as the only survivor yelling over the com to Starfleet "DAMN &&&#^^#%%# KLINGONS HAD PULSE FEEDBACK ON ALL 50 SHIPS!!!! SOMEONE GET OVER TO CRYPTIC AND BEAT THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A TRIBBLE!!!"