Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
Later said Admiral was flying away from the battle scene in a beat up shuttle as the only survivor yelling over the com to Starfleet "DAMN &&&#^^#%%# KLINGONS HAD PULSE FEEDBACK ON ALL 50 SHIPS!!!! SOMEONE GET OVER TO CRYPTIC AND BEAT THEM IN THE HEAD WITH A TRIBBLE!!!"
LMAO! Knowing my luck that would be exactly what would happen to me!

Oh and I wouldn't be just cussing out the Klingons...I'd be cussing out my officers also as they didn't change their tatics.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara
LMAO! Knowing my luck that would be exactly what would happen to me!

Oh and I wouldn't be just cussing out the Klingons...I'd be cussing out my officers also as they didn't change their tatics.
Tac Officer: "Sorry sir I WAS going to switch to cannons and modulate the shield but I got stuck trying to get around a box someone left on the bridge so I couldent reach my station!"

I have no faith in my bridge officers as you can see
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2010, 03:24 AM
i like the idea, but given some of those kill x number of so and so missions, wouldn't this escalate the length of such things? I mean you don't expect your 3 ships to face off against equal odds? Why make this an adimiral thing? Kirk did war games in TOS, Riker served on a Klingon vessel... this could be done at lower ranks with Vulcan allied ships, or your miranda included in a small armada of say same class ships, all cruisers... having to clear a patrol area of systems. OR a hybrid of vessels sent to deal with that damn Borg mission in K-7, which I hate... or heck even the Crystaline Entity, you and 2 other Captains, bring 9 more ships!

This would make repeatable farming missions a whole new problem... like those badge missions for exploring a new system. You and your 3 ships could take on wave after wave at that same base that seems to get attacked every day.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2010, 03:57 AM
okai, so you wanna argue on lore on this one?

you are admiral, correct.... BUT: you shoudln't be flying a ship at all now, should ya? admiral has a nice office with a nice chair and table..

be happy you are allowed to fly your ship and do not have to kick that rang like kirk had to
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2010, 03:58 AM
You know, I thought that even as an Admiral, Kirk only had command of one ship?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
okai, so you wanna argue on lore on this one?

you are admiral, correct.... BUT: you shoudln't be flying a ship at all now, should ya? admiral has a nice office with a nice chair and table..

be happy you are allowed to fly your ship and do not have to kick that rang like kirk had to
If Nelson had been stuck in an office rather on the Victory the combined French and Spanish Navy,s would have one.
If the American Admirals had been sat in offices in Hawaii the japanese fleets would have won.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2010, 04:10 AM
I fully support this and would like to see this , or something similar implemented ingame +1
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Why am I flying around by myself as an Admiral? What about allowing us to outfit some of our older ships with limited BO's to act as support vessels to the "Admiral". 5v5 matches would be massive battles in their own right. It would be space combat that resembles ground combat as far as the controls are concerned. You could give them orders to be aggressive or passive who sit back and heal.

The battles could be meaningful where if you take out the Admiral the other vessels lose coordination and scatter ( pets de-spawn ). Meanwhile we would see some fights where it would seem like an actual fleet fighting a fleet. Thoughts?
No. No, no, NO. There should not be player admirals in the first place. The last thing I want to see in this game is *******s flying around with their own squadrons of pets. This is an MMO, not an RTS game like Armada. If you want to command other ships, that's what a FLEET is supposed to be for. I suggest you join one.

Besides, there are too many other, more pressing things that need addressed first.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
No. No, no, NO. There should not be player admirals in the first place. The last thing I want to see in this game is *******s flying around with their own squadrons of pets. This is an MMO, not an RTS game like Armada. If you want to command other ships, that's what a FLEET is supposed to be for. I suggest you join one.

Besides, there are too many other, more pressing things that need addressed first.
I never said that they MUST do this now. It's an idea for them to consider. That is all. This game would still be an MMO since it would NOT replace players, just add to the fun and make battles look like battles, not skirmishes. You do not send an Admiral on a mission to sniff a plant on some far off rock. That's what lower ranks are for. Admirals being in command of a battlegroup that is customizable to every player would make for very interesting PvE and PvP.

I understand that FBP would cause issues with AI ships but they are working to tone that ability down, so that point is moot. The ships only having one Bridge Officer would prevent that ability from being used entirely, if that's how far we have to go. One ship with VERY limited powers and weaker equipment compared to the Admirals ship would fit into this game pretty well.

I think this could be a very fun mechanic that would allow players to customize themselves even more. The fact that ships cost 240k credits would prevent people from spamming these things. Credits are easy to get you say? Well maybe rig it up so that when they are destroyed it costs 1/3rd their base cost to repair them and re-enter the battlegroup. Now credits actually have meaning and are worth something.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Great idea! I think it should only be available when not teamed with other players, however.