Lt. Commander
# 21
03-02-2010, 02:35 AM
no, it isnt op...
it exists counters... when the roxxors dont want use counters and only wants dmg dmg dmg... than its not the problem of the VM skill

all ships can use the counter skill BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-02-2010, 02:39 AM
My science Team 1 and 2 are both highly unreliable (about 20% success) against VM.
The tool tip should show that they work only at a few % chance if that's how it's meant to be.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-02-2010, 02:41 AM
i think its a bug... my science got 90% sucess.,.. rest is lag

u are sure, that you dont target a team mate when you use science team?
if you targeted a friendly ship and you use science team, the team mate got buffed
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-02-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katarrn View Post
My science Team 1 and 2 are both highly unreliable (about 20% success) against VM.
The tool tip should show that they work only at a few % chance if that's how it's meant to be.
probarly because your using a I and II vs a Vm III
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaris View Post
probarly because your using a I and II vs a Vm III
Cruisers and tactical got maximum of science team 2, so its still OP than if thats the case.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2010, 02:49 AM
BOP actually needs VM to stay competitive. I had an encounter with one today in the warzone. His shields went down after a few shots, than I faced him and RS3. No more BOP.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
i used sci team 3 times all 3 times i had vm on me
all the time i could move i chose to activate buffs insted of moving to a position the bop would only go arround and vm me again. infact i never had time to make a full turn tho i did try 1ce or twice. further more u know the reason WHY they use jam sensors? ITS SO U CANT CLEAR VIRAL MATRIX as soon as they jam senstor you they send viram matrix. sci team dosent take off ALL debuffs it takes off the 1st one you were hit with
if you get sensor jammed then vm'ed it takes 2 sci teams to clear you of vm. so if u did use sci team after he has jammed u u would be vmed with no defence
not really i roll with atleast 2 sci teams or even more if possible. i always have the sci buff on me so when i get jammed its doesnt effect me and i can still almost instandly clean of VM.

running that many VM and even scramble sensors means 1 thing aswell they lack major offensive cooldowns. with right cooldowns you could have tanked that bop forever while waching tv and with 2 teams you can pound him for 20 sec unless he cloaks seeing to use the second VM he has a 20 sec cooldown.

you might not think it but if pref sci-team in my sci slots i think there worth the most in pvp the other powers are kind of meh. ofc i can always drop combat and switch in a vm officer my self.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm also posting this in here as some nublet made multiple threads on the same subject.

Shorten the length of time VM disables the enemy ship and grant a temporary immunity from VM to the victim when he/she finally recovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
BOP actually needs VM to stay competitive. I had an encounter with one today in the warzone. His shields went down after a few shots, than I faced him and RS3. No more BOP.
I agree. The BoP is easy to kill if you catch one off guard. But VM lasts far too long.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivaris View Post
not really i roll with atleast 2 sci teams or even more if possible. i always have the sci buff on me so when i get jammed its doesnt effect me and i can still almost instandly clean of VM.

running that many VM and even scramble sensors means 1 thing aswell they lack major offensive cooldowns. with right cooldowns you could have tanked that bop forever while waching tv and with 2 teams you can pound him for 20 sec unless he cloaks seeing to use the second VM he has a 20 sec cooldown.

you might not think it but if pref sci-team in my sci slots i think there worth the most in pvp the other powers are kind of meh. ofc i can always drop combat and switch in a vm officer my self.
apart from the fact that sci team dosent stop u from getting hit it only clears things when u use it it dosent give you 15 secconds of imunity,..
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-02-2010, 03:08 AM
The combo of Jam VM and Sub is something they should take a look on i think too.

VM and Jam not used in combination ... i think it's ok.

I would like it there was less trolling on those subjects and more discussion why something should be changed.

I agree that Science Team should remove all debuffs and not just the first. I dont see how someone could counter it without a teammate giving a hand. And i cant think of any other ability that forces teamwork to counter so i dont see why this combo should be an exception.

Maybe they could add a resistance debuff to VM that wont be canceld by Science Team or only on some degree relevant to the Science Team level and the VM level.
Closed Thread