Lt. Commander
# 131
01-10-2009, 02:01 AM
I like the keeping your previous ships. I'd like to be able to invite other players on my ship when in space dock. Can I do this? If you watch the original series. The lighting and uniforms and walls and just about everything about how the series looked from an art style point of view was very flat single colors and very very bright colors. So there is a justification for this kind of "fantastical" art style. But please don't take it too far.

Over all. Good job so far. Much better IMHO than that other space MMO that begin with an S that is being developed. Much more sandboxy then I was expecting. I hope it continues in that direction.
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng
Will we see complete new aliens/races/planets made for the game to expand oh the myths/legends of ST
In matter of aliens and races this is up to us to creat new ones. Of course, you will be able to take a myths/legend to form a whole new race. Especially by founding a Fleet (Guild) you might take a myth or legend as funding stone and build on it RPG-like. In fact you'll have lots of possibilities with the alien creator technology. I just hope this will not turn into a Spore II clone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achaney23
I like the keeping your previous ships. I'd like to be able to invite other players on my ship when in space dock. Can I do this? If you watch the original series. The lighting and uniforms and walls and just about everything about how the series looked from an art style point of view was very flat single colors and very very bright colors. So there is a justification for this kind of "fantastical" art style. But please don't take it too far.

Over all. Good job so far. Much better IMHO than that other space MMO that begin with an S that is being developed. Much more sandboxy then I was expecting. I hope it continues in that direction.
I really, really hope Cryptic is going to enables my ship to fill up with human players being replaced by NPC Crew as soon as a Fleet mate leaves the game (position on bridge). If they could do this (even in another future addon) this would freak me out!
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Good info, keep it up
Lt. Commander
# 134 info on Ships
01-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I hope the Bird of Prey is a high tier ship. If its an early tier it doesn't sound like it will match up well later in the game. In fact it sounds only ships within two tiers of each other will be able to compete. I'm not sure what to think of the ship swapping either. I hope theres a wait time on switching ships. The last thing I want to see is me tearing apart a defiant in my BoP then he rolls back with a Sovereign just like that.
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qnaz View Post
I hope the Bird of Prey is a high tier ship. If its an early tier it doesn't sound like it will match up well later in the game. In fact it sounds only ships within two tiers of each other will be able to compete. I'm not sure what to think of the ship swapping either. I hope theres a wait time on switching ships. The last thing I want to see is me tearing apart a defiant in my BoP then he rolls back with a Sovereign just like that.

I'll second that.
Lt. Commander
# 136 This ship sponsored by..
01-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Interesting KOS... brings to mind the old VW Beetle.. being used as an AD board..via custom painted Corporate logo.... I can see it now a Fleet of Ships Sponsored By HANJIN KIA flooding the asian servers..
With Football [soccer] Team shirts for Bridge uniforms Advertising Best Buy and Target.. samsung
You must have some fair control.. to prevent Gold Mining..off your intellectual property.. to protect the integrity of the game.. No every one can have CPt Pike's Green Orion slave girls crewing the bridge..

"We revel in and Highlight the base absurd to make a point" Don'T take fun too seriously..
Lt. Commander
# 137 Commerce?
01-11-2009, 09:04 AM
I would also think it would be fun to have a more civilian role in the game. For instance I want to be Quark, the local bar owner who buys, sells, and trades out of his establishment. He might have a small ship for running his trade route to get more supplies or run contraband, acquiring it from another player or depot, and selling it to players in the game. New wardrobe, food, specialty equipment that may be useful to a landing party (such as an item that another race might find valuable and could help you complete your mission by gaining their support and trust). The bar or shop is run by paying a nominal rent fee to the station. Your player can buy upgraded living quarters, an upgraded trade ship, even stolen ships from another race.

Even in times of war, there is still an economy and exploration on the non-military front.

Personally I could see this as being just as much, if not more, enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I would be curious to see if technology or artificats gather from others races established within the game or created by other people can be researched and developed by the race you are playing or created for further growth and development within the game?

Also, what if we create our own race and it expands to the point were we could possibly have our own planet or even control our own section of a galaxy and so on. I wonder if there is any ideas on that development or even possabilities within the server environment the game is going to be in to handle that?
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast4Radar View Post
I would also think it would be fun to have a more civilian role in the game. For instance I want to be Quark, the local bar owner who buys, sells, and trades out of his establishment. He might have a small ship for running his trade route to get more supplies or run contraband, acquiring it from another player or depot, and selling it to players in the game. New wardrobe, food, specialty equipment that may be useful to a landing party (such as an item that another race might find valuable and could help you complete your mission by gaining their support and trust). The bar or shop is run by paying a nominal rent fee to the station. Your player can buy upgraded living quarters, an upgraded trade ship, even stolen ships from another race.

Even in times of war, there is still an economy and exploration on the non-military front.

Personally I could see this as being just as much, if not more, enjoyable.
On that point, I think you may very well be spot on.
Lt. Commander
# 140 Awesome
01-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Very nice, that was a big question I had in the back of my mind as well "are we going to be able to keep our ships?" Beautiful!