Lt. Commander
# 181 ship costumization
01-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher2005 View Post
I was wondering can we create custom ships to our liking, something similer to Strar Trek Starship Crator.

Why I ask this is cause I have a partal Ship Desing in progress and if we can do Custom Made Ships then this would go a long way for the players/users.
from what I understand, customizing will be limited to upgrading already preset models. i don't believe they will have the starship creator feature, but don't quote me. I'm just going off what they have released so far. think of CoH/CoV when it comes to the costumizing. you have 3 base models in those MMORPGs but you can customize them in many different ways but you have to start with the base that they supply for you.

would be nice though. it would definately get rid of the "mirror effect" of seeing a bunch of ships that are copies of yours. but then again, in star trek there are tons of ships exactly the same. the differences come down to the crew and personal upgrades you make. take geordi for example, he customized the warp core of the enterprise in a way he said worked best. when the creator of that warp drive visited the ship she was totally ****ed about the changes. I think that would be the extent of changes available to certain ship classes.
Lt. Commander
# 182
01-15-2009, 12:21 PM
well if they do put the starship creator feature in i would think it might b a gd idea alot more down the line like an expansion CD with that & more but the info there is all sounding brill & im sure theres more 2 come lol
Lt. Commander
# 183
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
My opinion about the ship design, I think it should be exclusive to the ship engineer class. Sort of a talent you spec in or learn over time. If you want to design faster ships, redesign the warp core - etc. You need to be an engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 184 ship upgrades
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
My opinion about the ship design, I think it should be exclusive to the ship engineer class. Sort of a talent you spec in or learn over time. If you want to design faster ships, redesign the warp core - etc. You need to be an engineer.
good point. they do need to limit what players can do so that not everyone can do everything, you have to be specialized. it would make for a more realistic feel and a funner experience. otherwise what would be the point of having a fleet if you didn't need others special talents to accomplish missions. like they said, each captain can train in certain areas. the examples they used were janeway and her science background and picard with his diplomacy techniques. I appreciate what they are trying to do and hope it becomes a very crucial game play idea. like in the voyager episode were Geordi is a captain, I bet his ship is one of the fastest and operates at peak efficiency. a ship witha klingon as captain would be armed to the teeth and have hella attack manuevers. Sisko had a knack for planning manuevers and attack stategies. that could come into play when you are facing a fleet and need to take down ships ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 185
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Exactly, I can understand why Cryptic doesn't want to have specific class roles for say Medics, or Engineers, but they should have unique bonuses, as we have mentioned =D

Like say medics have more HP (ship and personnel... the longer an engineer doesn't need to go to medic the longer the ship can fight so it DOES make sense to give ship more HP)
Lt. Commander
# 186
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
You could give certian parts of a ship and have them meld togeather, almost like Spores engine... but a little less advanced. Like you could pick a saucer section, a style of engine, a style of the engineering section and put them togeather to create a truly unique ship. Now that would be really cool.
Lt. Commander
# 187 PVP space
01-15-2009, 05:42 PM
have the dev. ever looked at the game on this site.
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/
could give you ideas on warfare map play.
PVE areas behind frontlines. PVP areas the whole map. a 3d x,y,z map instaed of 2d
a floating movable frontline instead of a nutral zone.
Lt. Commander
# 188
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callsign11b View Post
have the dev. ever looked at the game on this site.
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/
could give you ideas on warfare map play.
PVE areas behind frontlines. PVP areas the whole map. a 3d x,y,z map instaed of 2d
a floating movable frontline instead of a nutral zone.
A moveable PVP realm is c great idea! I believe there will always be a form or Neutral Zone though. It just wouldn't be the same without it. Although a moving PvP zone between actual warring races.

Either way neat idea.
Lt. Commander
# 189
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
hell yeah, very nice thought. would make you have to pay attention to local news to find the warring races and where to go to PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 190
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Once again it would give that completely different feel, and create a constantly changing game for all to enjoy.