Lt. Commander
# 201 Brian's Questions
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I have several questions to ask.

First of all, when is they beta coming out, and how will we know about it when it arrives.

Next, will I be able to visit place like Deep Space Nine. Will I be able to get on board ships from different races like the klngons, Ferengi, Romulan, or Cardassians.

Finallly, does the players actions have an effect on the future of the galaxy, or will the story unfold infront of us. Personallly, having an impact on the story makes it more fun.

This is a wonderful forum, and I'll have more questions in the futture.

Sincerely,

Brian Goodman
Lt. Commander
# 202
01-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Hello devs ! Happy new year from France !

Few questions here :

Did you plan a slot costume system like CoX or similar ?

What about Risa, did you plan some entertainment for tired warriors and explorators ?

How about teaming a pc when your starship is alone far away from ?

Will we be able to swim or climb ?
Lt. Commander
# 203
01-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiangoodman View Post
I have several questions to ask.

First of all, when is they beta coming out, and how will we know about it when it arrives.

Next, will I be able to visit place like Deep Space Nine. Will I be able to get on board ships from different races like the klngons, Ferengi, Romulan, or Cardassians.

Finallly, does the players actions have an effect on the future of the galaxy, or will the story unfold infront of us. Personallly, having an impact on the story makes it more fun.

This is a wonderful forum, and I'll have more questions in the futture.

Sincerely,

Brian Goodman
To answer your questions - 1) they will let those on this forum know first, when we will have to all turn our eyes to Cryptic and hope for a soon release!

2) Yes you will be able to visit a) key places in previous ST shows b) star bases, and you will be able to go on ships, but to what extent we are not sure yet. We do know it will most likely not be to bored enemy ships.

3) We are not sure - Cryptic hasn't released that Information yet - but I hope so.
Lt. Commander
# 204 All eras of ships?
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I just was wondering if we will be able to buy ships and technology from all eras (or at least somewhat of a time span) such as buying one of the NX series ships, or buying the Enterprise-J (that would have to be expensive because of the power of future weapons). Or possibly you could start out at just after the NX era and continue on in an accelerated fashion as you aquire newer ships. thanks
Lt. Commander
# 205
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Hmm, questions...

1. Will the expanded universe, i.e. the novels be taken into consideration in the places we'll be able to go? Some of the places in, just for example, the New Frontier novels would be neat to see. And I'd love to match wits with a returned Tiberius.

2. Along those lines, will be seeing versions of the Luna-Class that has only appeared in the Star Trek Titan novels?
Lt. Commander
# 206 Query to Cryptic
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Greetings,

I would enjoy a Diplomatic Transit on anothers Star Ship.. then meet my new ship at their planet..

Would this be an option.?

Regards.,,

[A romulan in Vulcan clothing]
Lt. Commander
# 207
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Are we going to have skill points that we earn as the game progresses, or more of an Eve approach (which is arguably more long-winded and laborious).
Lt. Commander
# 208
01-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Quite frankly, the Star Trek universe is far to unwieldy vast to accommodate an MMO successfully. Parts of THE GAME will be overworked while others will cheated over and left out because they know the limits of what you expect to expect from them.

Now about those visuals...
Space combat, thumbs up on that one, looks fairly descent. Third-person/Away mission/Ground exploration on the other hand, not so good. You can obviously see they don't care about the successfulness of this game with the response to the "Cartoony" Graphics question. Sure a "fantastical" style would be great, which is NOT a correct artistical term so cartoony will do just fine, for the 50-60 year old men and women today who used to watch Star Trek, STAR TREK.

This is a new generation, most people who play MMOs play to try and be part of the specific world or universe. Realism would have been a far better approach as it would have appealed to a far greater mass of the world population, even to people who have never been interested in Star Trek before.

But hey, to all you old people out there who actually understand how to use a computer enough and/or have enough interest to play a low rate MMO from a show you watched back in your 20s, no disrespect, rock on.

Otherwise, game on Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 209
01-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi Cryptic,

Do you have an estimated release date yet? And when can we expect to start seeing more videos of gameplay?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 210 Srsly?
01-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgomm View Post
Hi Cryptic,

Do you have an estimated release date yet? And when can we expect to start seeing more videos of gameplay?

Thanks.
sorry to be mean but

OMG

look it up on google people

just cant do anything for yourselves

i'm just kidding but seriously,

GOOGLE!!!

so anyway

most people think it will come out Fall 09