Lt. Commander
# 51
01-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
the "building" sitting (or falling?) into the asteroid ...?? I mean come on, build it so it at least looks A LITTLE like something more than a building dropped on a rock.
Use your imagination...maybe that city does have some sort of foundation but has been on that asteroid for centuries and so it has started to become part of it over time with space dust collecting on it, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-08-2009, 07:24 AM
nice pics. The Sabre is a nice little ship can't wait to see more ships. Though I have to agree we need some shots of Klingon ships. Maybe some ship interiors as well.

Like the look of that asteroid base.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-08-2009, 08:27 AM
The galaxy is starting to look pretty good. Every time you guys post more screenshots my anticipation level increases some more, if that were even possible. You must be having fun producing this game! You should do that as one of Cryptic's future YouTube posts. Record a part of the game at a concept phase through to its creation as an in-game feature. I'm fascinated by how it's all done.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-08-2009, 09:13 AM
nice job
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-08-2009, 09:21 AM
the shadow looks great!
Lt. Commander
*steps off the bordom noose* Screenshots!

Very glad to see the interior of a buildings and a ship class confirmed (also the hint to tasks that can be done inside buildings). I actually don't mind the Asteroid base as it does remind me of something I'd see on TOS, a novel painting, or another classic Sci-Fci show. Remember folks not everyone's at the same tech advancements as the 25th Federation.

*takes a sigh of relief that the November pix are still around.*

P.S can anyone fix the Screenshot description of the Science officer? (3 of 18) It says Klingon Outpost.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-08-2009, 10:40 AM
This is clean, smooth settings typical of Cryptic artist's talent, but I wonder if the lighting and shadows couldnt be made to be a bit more dynamic to give it a more edgy feel and break up the smooth crystalline landscape graphics indoors?

Never been a fan of that ship design, but nice to see land mass, building, ship, and space all in one shot...
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Klingons please...........

cool, though, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the graphics in the screenshots look fine...it's the subject matter of the shots (well, the interior shot at least) that makes me scratch my head. A fire burning inside some sort of storage room or cargo bay? That just seems like an odd choice for a screenshot. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see them. I'm just asking if there aren't more exciting screenshots we could see.

As far as the space shot goes...it's looking nice, but I have to repeat my previously stated opinion that most of the space shots we've seen so far seem overly cluttered to me. In this shot, for example, the "landscape" includes: A base. A planet. A ring around said planet. Asteroids. A moon. A nebula. It's just too much. Heck, every screen shot we've seen with the exception of one (I think) has included a nebula of some sort.

I hope this is just an example of wanting to show the most interesting shots for a screenshot (which is sort of the opposite of what we got in the interior) and not the norm when we're actually flying our ships thru space. Space is not that jam-packed with things on a such a regular basis.

Hope I'm not being unfair here.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
very very nice. great work!! love the ship and the rest of the screen shots.

looking forward to the klingon ships. also to see the interior of ships would be good.

again, great job!