Lt. Commander
# 1 Endgame content
03-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Question: Are you going to add any kind of endgame content ?

As the game has none.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Answer: Go to the front page of the website - and read.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 06:37 AM
You are writing in the forums, welcome to end game content. enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 06:38 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo911 View Post
Question: Are you going to add any kind of endgame content ?

As the game has none.
I would love a dev to reply with:

"Nope"
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
God you expect someone to actually engage brain. You must be an optimist.
You would have to be an optimist to keep paying for this game to, unfortunately I am a realist and canceled 2 weeks after release.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 07:35 AM
The whole point of an subscription to a game is that its ongoing with no endgame just new missions and with any luck more true to star trek within the limits of programming it in to the game.

The base of the game is their it just need adding them and long term the whole graphics will improve to match other games out its an overwhelming project and to live upto a TV show is even harder to do.

This is where I hold my breath isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVoyage
The whole point of an subscription to a game is that its ongoing with no endgame just new missions and with any luck more true to star trek within the limits of programming it in to the game.

The base of the game is their it just need adding them and long term the whole graphics will improve to match other games out its an overwhelming project and to live upto a TV show is even harder to do.

This is where I hold my breath isn't it?
I just don't get it, you think we don't know what an MMO is you just have no clue.

We know this is an MMO world and that it is ongoing, we understand this but how many times do I personally have to say on these threads, name one game that ended after 2 weeks of game play where you leveled to 45 (cap) in 5 days played solo??? Then tell me that it had NO end game content at all, its not like STO had some end game and were waiting for more, it had NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA lol There is a big difference when you compare STO to almost any other MMO, it was clearly released to early.

Now we have to deal with Cryptic's shady tactics of releasing major content just after the free month sub is up so they can rake in more $$ because there are a ton of us waiting to see if this big patch will save the game.

So when you add in the fact that this game was half done, that many of these things coming in the big patch should have been added along time ago rather then force many to pay for a month sub just to find out a week later it is bad anyways. Not to mention a lot of the bugs that are still here from the beta a poor skill tree system, horrible ground game, horrible star trek lore.

Well the list goes on and on there is to much bad to list in this game it would be easier to list the good, outside of the character creation this game is below average.

So this bs of an MMO is never done so there is no end game is a bad argument, many MMO's have end game content and continue to grow you are suggesting that STO was built this way because that is how MMOs are and that is just rediculous, but keep telling yourself that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 07:51 AM
There's PLENTY of endgame content atm actually:

1) Tribble Breeding! As a RA5 I've found that breeding tribbles is the way to go! The fluffy little *******s give you all the love and attention your wives/spouses/plastic blowup dolls won't! They're amazing and they even drink more booze then you ever could in a lifetime just for the sake of breeding!

2) Do your DAILIES! They're fun, sweet and TOTALLY not boring at all! You get like 5 marks per pop and it gives you a grand feeling of satisfaction! Not even sex can beat it!

3) Sit in Earth Space Dock and talk trash on zonechat! Be that stand-up comedian you've always wanted to be and amuse people with phony questions like: "Where is Sulu", "How do I get my new ship" and everyone's favourite: "Where is Starbase 1"!

4) Go to one of the HUB worlds and annoy Roleplayers. If you do it properly you may even run into a Roleplaying GM! True story! See a GM live because otherwise there's no chance you'll ever see any of em. Or even hear from em. It's amazing!

5) Customize your ship! Put sexy little stickers on it and paint them pink! That way your ship will look UNIQUE! Just imagine those great comments when you show up with your sexy little pink ship!

6) Go annoy Klingons in PvP with your Danube Runabout Shuttle! It's bound to put a smile on the face of your opponents and it'll make you work for a living in PvP! Great fun for everybody!

7) Customize your Captain!!! Put that big and cool looking bushy beard on and make the hair look all messy and you can pretend you're a homeless hermit for everyone's enjoyment! Or how about the double-D cupped female captains? Those always draw the right type of attention.

8) Roll an alt and relive the ENTIRELY same leveling process! It's fun to do the same missions again and again! You'll know what to look out for and you won't run into anymore nasty surprises! Surely you don't want to explore the storyline missions again and be surprised by the great plot-twists?!

9) Go tour in space and spread false information! Every zone chat is a source of entertainment for you and the participants of the chat! It's always funny to send a new player all the way to the other side of the universe for no reason at all!

10) Go to the Fleet in the transwarp HUB and stare at the juicy purples that you can't yet afford all day long! Or if you want to have double the fun of that, go to station K7 and run from one side of the base to the other browsing the cool consoles with the rewards!

So you see, there's PLENTY of endgame content already! I really don't understand why some people keep insisting that you need boring stuff like raids to keep yourself occupied at RA5!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecapper
I just don't get it, you think we don't know what an MMO is you just have no clue.

We know this is an MMO world and that it is ongoing, we understand this but how many times do I personally have to say on these threads, name one game that ended after 2 weeks of game play where you leveled to 45 (cap) in 5 days played solo??? Then tell me that it had NO end game content at all, its not like STO had some end game and were waiting for more, it had NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA lol There is a big difference when you compare STO to almost any other MMO, it was clearly released to early.

Now we have to deal with Cryptic's shady tactics of releasing major content just after the free month sub is up so they can rake in more $$ because there are a ton of us waiting to see if this big patch will save the game.

So when you add in the fact that this game was half done, that many of these things coming in the big patch should have been added along time ago rather then force many to pay for a month sub just to find out a week later it is bad anyways. Not to mention a lot of the bugs that are still here from the beta a poor skill tree system, horrible ground game, horrible star trek lore.

Well the list goes on and on there is to much bad to list in this game it would be easier to list the good, outside of the character creation this game is below average.

So this bs of an MMO is never done so there is no end game is a bad argument, many MMO's have end game content and continue to grow you are suggesting that STO was built this way because that is how MMOs are and that is just rediculous, but keep telling yourself that.

Same boring crud different thread eh?