Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo911 View Post
Question: Are you going to add any kind of endgame content ?

As the game has none.
The game is a month old. What kind of "end game" are you looking for? Repeatable content? You already have that with daily explorations.

City of Heroes is six years old, still going strong (17th free content patch coming soon and Going Rogue exapansion this year) and it has ZERO end game content.

If you want Dungeon Raiding, please go back to WoW and stop whining.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeerLolz View Post
Same boring crud different thread eh?
Same half arsed response with no reply to the topic eh? Troll much?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
The game is a month old. What kind of "end game" are you looking for? Repeatable content? You already have that with daily explorations.

City of Heroes is six years old, still going strong (17th free content patch coming soon and Going Rogue exapansion this year) and it has ZERO end game content.

If you want Dungeon Raiding, please go back to WoW and stop whining.
Haha you guys make me laugh, what kind of end game are we looking for? How about something to do other then 1 daily??? Seriously you are comparing the mass end game mechanics of WoW to STO's 1 daily wonder? Explorations? oh you mean the same quest over and over and over again? Kill 5 of these and scan 5 of that LOL, seriously don't even talk about WoW like it is in the same failboat as STO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecapper
Haha you guys make me laugh, what kind of end game are we looking for? How about something to do other then 1 daily??? Seriously you are comparing the mass end game mechanics of WoW to STO's 1 daily wonder? Explorations? oh you mean the same quest over and over and over again? Kill 5 of these and scan 5 of that LOL, seriously don't even talk about WoW like it is in the same failboat as STO.
Actually that wasn't the point at all, and any rational sentient would have noticed it. This game is a MONTH OLD. WoW is, what, 5-6 YEARS OLD? WoW has developed into a big budget game and has had numerous upgrades and additions over the years. STO has had ... a couple of minor patches, the first good sized addition is coming up later this month and it includes more high level content AND this has been well known for weeks. Have you ever been in on the ground floor of an MMO before? Doesn't sound like it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Actually that wasn't the point at all, and any rational sentient would have noticed it. This game is a MONTH OLD. WoW is, what, 5-6 YEARS OLD? WoW has developed into a big budget game and has had numerous upgrades and additions over the years. STO has had ... a couple of minor patches and the first good sized addition is coming up later this month and it includes more high level content and this has been well known for weeks. Have you ever been in on the ground floor of an MMO before? Doesn't sound like it.
This is exactly the point. I was in the WoW beta for months before it released and the beta blows STO away. This is exactly the point.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecapper
This is exactly the point. I was in the WoW beta for months before it released and the beta blows STO away. This is exactly the point.
We sure played a different beta then m8. I remember WoWs beta as... problematic at best. When it came out nearly none of the closed beta testers were surprised the game was offline for pretty much the entire 1st month. Fall through world bugs, vanishing items probably due to server-related issues, quest mobs not respawning, ...

Luckily Blizz fixed WoW up pretty quick and they launched one of the biggest PR campaigns I've ever seen for any videogame. That pretty much saved WoW, not the great quality of the release of it.

Now back to the business at hand: STO is in trouble, yes. But then again pretty much every new MMO right now is short on the department of content. You need to give the devs some time to add the content in. Can STO fail and do a crash & burn like Tabula Rasa? Well without a doubt yes, but the question remains how Cryptic will handle business. The biggest reason TR went boom was because the devs didn't even have the slightest clue on how to fix up their game. If they added a massive amount of content the first 3 months, TR would have been a pretty healthy MMO. Instead they decided to make false promises and work on content that couldn't be released in time for the big exodus.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2010, 08:03 AM
A more relevant question would be are we going to have to pay for this content? Given that they've released a game wherethe end-game is reachable inside two weeks, it'd be pretty cheeky to do so. Knowing how games companies work, I'd suspect the answer would be yes. But then, I could be being overly cynical.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladinbob View Post
A more relevant question would be are we going to have to pay for this content? Given that they've released a game wherethe end-game is reachable inside two weeks, it'd be pretty cheeky to do so. Knowing how games companies work, I'd suspect the answer would be yes. But then, I could be being overly cynical.
Well, it wouldn't be a smart move at all. Endgame content in any MMO should be a fact and not a theory since at a certain point people will reach that. In a way we are already paying for it with our subscriptions. The only way to be certain of this is to wait and see. We should be able to find out pretty soon however with the fabled "45-day" patch coming soon containing a lot of content along with the first raid-i-sode or whatever it's called.

But yes, if they screw that up then the future of STO looks bleak indeed, I completely agree there.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
We sure played a different beta then m8. I remember WoWs beta as... problematic at best. When it came out nearly none of the closed beta testers were surprised the game was offline for pretty much the entire 1st month. Fall through world bugs, vanishing items probably due to server-related issues, quest mobs not respawning, ...

Luckily Blizz fixed WoW up pretty quick and they launched one of the biggest PR campaigns I've ever seen for any videogame. That pretty much saved WoW, not the great quality of the release of it.

Now back to the business at hand: STO is in trouble, yes. But then again pretty much every new MMO right now is short on the department of content. You need to give the devs some time to add the content in. Can STO fail and do a crash & burn like Tabula Rasa? Well without a doubt yes, but the question remains how Cryptic will handle business. The biggest reason TR went boom was because the devs didn't even have the slightest clue on how to fix up their game. If they added a massive amount of content the first 3 months, TR would have been a pretty healthy MMO. Instead they decided to make false promises and work on content that couldn't be released in time for the big exodus.
Again you compare apples to oranges, I never said it was bug free and I never said the servers were better, I expect these things in new MMOs, were talking about the game itself the game play, the content, the meat and potato's of the game and when you compare these two games WoW blows STO out of the water. So you did not even address the real issues. At no point in World of ******** did you reach level 60 in 2 weeks time and then ask "what now?" or "Wheres the end game" these are facts and you can't argue them.