Lt. Commander
# 1 Switch kits in combat.
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Plan and simple, allow switching of kits in combat, but maybe invoke a 5-8 sec cooldown on all kit powers when you switch between them. Playing my new found science char I'm noticing I am completing hosing myself if I run in with a wrong kit, run in with a healing kit, no healing required, run in with a damage kit, die from lack of healing. xD I know, I know, make my BO heal, blah, blah, well I like to do both. Plus its too ez mode when your BO handles in the healing imo.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I would take an easy way to hotbar swapping between kits.

(Is there one and I missed it?)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
No cause then engineers would be able to deploy all deployable while having the kit that does not allow you to shoot for 20 seconds. I have an engineer also and I am not for this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronico View Post
No cause then engineers would be able to deploy all deployable while having the kit that does not allow you to shoot for 20 seconds. I have an engineer also and I am not for this idea.
Then if you switch kits, turrets blow up. buffs and debuffs can cease as well.

I just feel that science gets somewhat screwed by the current kit set up, as if the situation changes and I need to heal, I can't because I have my damage kit on, Or I heal once and the rest of the time I do nothing. Engineer faces this problem as well in the lower levels but get kits early that can heal and damage. Does science have any? (srly do they? idk ) Though even if they do its still frustrating in the early levels imo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 04:11 AM
DEFINITELY agreed. Allow kits to be hotkeyed, and switched in combat. This will add a lot more depth to ground PVP.

For example, as of now, Science kits that focus on healing (the doctor-named ones) are somewhat useless. Expose-exploit attacks will one-shot an officer at full health, so the healing is pointless. Condemning someone to using only that kit in combat isn't fruitful at all. If we could swap kits mid-combat, the doctor personal kits would suddenly have value.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 04:16 AM
S you make a bad choice and think you should just be able to change it. Why. I bet if the NPC,s changed their powers halfway though you would be screaming and crying.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
S you make a bad choice and think you should just be able to change it. Why. I bet if the NPC,s changed their powers halfway though you would be screaming and crying.
Take your insults to a different game, kthxbye.

Choice has nothing to do with lousy combat, the way it is now you heal maybe once, then for the rest of the time your doing absolutely nothing. And I would welcome NPC's being able to change powers during combat, spice things up, keep it interesting, thanks for that idea!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Like I said you make a bad choice why should you be able to change it. Only ever used one kit 4 grenades let my BO,s do the healing, shielding and anything else.
It,s not as if ground Combat is really hard.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Well see, your a Tac officer, you just pewpew away, no need to worry which kit your using, they all do damage. It's frustrating as a science officer cause I don't have that luxury and can't switch during combat to compensate. (game difficultly aside) Plus my science BO CAN heal and debuff/damage at the same time so why can't I? And I feel its only gonna get worse when/if they implement the difficulty slider. (again im talking about the early levels, as idk if science has a kit that can heal and dps, do they?)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Just pick the right kit to begin with... If you won't want to be dedicated to one type of action (healing, debuff, etc), there are kits out there that offer a variety of abilities in different disciplines. Analyst kits tend to give you a good mix of abilities. Currently I'm using a Bioresearcher kit that gives me good options all around. Allowing kit switching in combat isn't necessary.