Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodahs View Post
I'd love to see an option on this ship for Pylons that go up instead of down. Always looks out of balance to me the way it is now.!
I can agree to that! I don't see any of the graphics issues the other posters are talking about. Perhaps it is a level of detail issue. I am playing with rather high settings on some rather beefy equipment and the models, animations and FX look great. Perhaps at other settings/levels there may be issues?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Yes, Pylons UP. I hate them being down. Also for the pods. It appears that I can not ADD the pods back once they were taking off in the editor. whats up with that?

let me add onto this. I believe that I did randomize until I was happy with a part and then modified it from there. I took off the pods and saved it. Going into the editor now, There is no option for adding them back. It says Mission pods None and the rest of the line is completely blank, you can't add them back in.
I had to select a different hull configuration and try to reset everything the way i wanted it to get the pods back. cost me 48k just to get the pods back lol.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
This thread has been forwarded to the development team for investigation.

Thanks!
Thank you Litana... I know its only a ship model. But you'd make quite a few happy gamers fixing it
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moatengator View Post
I can agree to that! I don't see any of the graphics issues the other posters are talking about. Perhaps it is a level of detail issue. I am playing with rather high settings on some rather beefy equipment and the models, animations and FX look great. Perhaps at other settings/levels there may be issues?
With my PC I run max level settings on absolutely EVERYTHING with NO performance loss at a resolution of 1680x1050. If I move any of my settings down it looks worse.

The textures on the ships are misaligned, the mission pods are misaligned over the saucer section - specifically the polaris mission pod (nothing to do with graphic settings), the phaser emitters are missing (nothing to do with graphic settings), the decal choices are haphazardly placed on the ship (do to texture misalignment).

Perhaps you're just not looking close enough.

EDIT: Also, we're looking to get the issues with the current design fixed - not make any changes to the basic design of the class: i.e. nacelles up option. More options are always good, but I believe that's a discussion for another thread. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Thank you Litana... I know its only a ship model. But you'd make quite a few happy gamers fixing it
Echoing.

Thanks much.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachron View Post
Echoing.

Thanks much.

Aye good to hear! I also run at max settings, should have posted some screens.

As for getting the pod back, just hit random till one of the versions has the pod on it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2010, 09:39 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7...0030706091.jpg

Just so its brought to the attention of this thread. Someone testing on the tribble server has commented that there has been fixes put into place for the luna class. She now has modelled weapon hard points, and the windows have been fixed on the secondary hull.

However as the picture above, (ignore the comment on the hull needing to be curved. i see this as a non issue), you will notice that the windows are still floating above the surface of the saucer section. (as marked) And also im guessing if its still happening there it will also be happening on the bridge hump where i first noticed it mysef.

just a heads up devs.

Hopefully the model fix will come before the 45 day miracle, as im sick and tired of looking at black escape pods and floating windows!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Yes there are some fixes on tribble, the color option textures are much improved on the saucer, but the rest of the ship still needs some looking at, 75% of the color textures do almost nothing to the nacelles and pylons. Removing the mission pod now works with the beams firing correctly, but when you remove the mission pod a nacelle appears stuck 3/4 of the way into the hull lol an obvious bug.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Ye Olde Bump
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
One point of worry for me from what I've seen on the Tribble forum thread thus far are the torpedo launchers. I saw this screenshot which seemed to indicate that the forward torpedo launcher were going to be situated on the lower lip of the saucer rim.

That's so very wrong it has me flail my arms around in panic. o_O

I hope those will end up positioned under the Deflector Dish, similarly to the torpedo launchers on the Noble-class hull of the Assault Cruisers. *crosses fingers*

By the way, if anyone could point out the torpedo launcher thing to CapnLogan in the Tribble server thread, I'd really appreciate it. More recent screenshots of the Luna model as it presently appears on Tribble (with some of CapnLogan's fixes in evidence) would also be nice.