Lt. Commander
Ok first off, absolutely *NO* pointless bashing of *ANY* of the Trek movies.

This is just a purely fun thought experiment;

Tomorrow Paramount hands you the equivalent of a blank check, and informs you it can get contracts for any surviving Trek actors (major, minor, recurring, or one time guest) from any series or movie including the new one.

They have at their disposal the best VFX studio in the world.

But all they have is a blank slate.

Its your job to write the story and direct the film.

What story do you tell?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Two hours of Kirk punching Klingons in the face. Non-stop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Hmm... A remake of Star Trek 2009.
With 90% less lens flares! It will be a smashing hit since people will actually be able to see the movie.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
Two hours of Kirk punching Klingons in the face. Non-stop.
With 30 minutes of Sylar** I mean Spock eating some brains via his finger pointing to gain their powers. hehehe I keed.

I dunno, it's a good question. They just started their careers, and aren't even up to TOS timeline yet (allbeit alternate). Maybe something along the lines of them looking for a new home for the Vulcans and something happens. Some sort of energy gas thing taking the crew one by one, which goes unnoticed at first. I dunno, my imagination is weak. That's why the other people get paid the big bucks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
With 90% less lens flares! It will be a smashing hit since people will actually be able to see the movie.
/QFT
/applauds
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
But blinding light is great to not show action you didn't actually have because you didn't know what to do. Brilliant! My kind of imagination. I'm going to make a movie now. *scene 1 - blinding lense flares* YES!!! Thank you Chat!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
With 30 minutes of Sylar** I mean Spock eating some brains via his finger pointing to gain their powers. hehehe I keed.

I dunno, it's a good question. They just started their careers, and aren't even up to TOS timeline yet (allbeit alternate). Maybe something along the lines of them looking for a new home for the Vulcans and something happens. Some sort of energy gas thing taking the crew one by one, which goes unnoticed at first. I dunno, my imagination is weak. That's why the other people get paid the big bucks.
Mind you, one could set this movie anywhere any time with any crew as well.

Voyager movie anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Mind you, one could set this movie anywhere any time with any crew as well.

Voyager movie anyone?
Did they not decommission Voyager, or is it still in service? (after they made it back to Earth... I didn't watch much of the series so I honestly dunno)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
Did they not decommission Voyager, or is it still in service? (after they made it back to Earth... I didn't watch much of the series so I honestly dunno)
The end of the series doesn't tell us, but the novels speculate she was stripped of all enhancements, refitted to be equal to any Intrepid class of the time, and re-launched with much of her original crew.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
I would like to see a movie about the Earth-Romulan War that lead to the establishment of the Romulan Neutral
Zone. I would prefer a Klingon movie more though but there was no war that formed the Klingon Neutral Zone. That was established by the Organians during a dispute between the Klingons and Federation over their planet.