Lt. Commander
I have been selling my green brige officers for 20 energy, my blue ones for 50. I will need to start selling my purple ones soon. I was thinking that 100 energy seems to be about the right price, but others in my fleet say that is too low.

What do you sell your bridge officers for? Note sell, not put on sale at, there are some on sale at a billion energy but they aint gonna sell, I want a price that they will sell at.

Also, what do you use energy for? Apart from my runabout I haven't spent any.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Hey Blenda, what purples are you selling? I'm not looking so much for a certain skill setup, as race/sex combo's. PM with what you have and maybe we can trade or I can buy off you. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Just to clearify by 20, 50 and 100, you do mean, 20,000, 50,000, and 100,000, right?

When those in your fleet say that is too low, ask them if they are selling any and what theirs have sold at. While others can say that is "too low", your goal is to sell them. I would post them at the price you want and think is reasonable.

I will often search the same rarity of officer to see what the average going cost is. Prices will raise on the weekends, lower on the weekdays also.

I do think that those prices are reasonable, but again, search and see what others are posting them at and undercut them by a few thousand.

As far as where I spend my energy, I have donated much of it to my Fleet for purchasing bank slots. I think we have 7 or 8 at the moment. I've also bought a few things from the Exchange, and don't really care too much about spending it there since there isn't much to spend them on currently.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohnoto
Just to clearify by 20, 50 and 100, you do mean, 20,000, 50,000, and 100,000, right?
No, I mean 20,50 and 100. I still have a blue and several greens up for sale at that price, have been there for a couple of days now. I put my first ones up at 50,000 but they didn't sell, so I tried 20,000 still no luck. They started to sell when I went below 100.

I think it might be cause there are so many for sale and auctions don't seem to expire so my sales are lost in the melee.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2010, 08:25 AM
There is no expiration. I recently just took down 4 of mine that had been up for a month now.

Over a month I had a few BO's sell, probably 2-3 out of 6-7 I posted. I used numbers in the range of what I detailed in my above posting.

Once the game really gets going BO's are going to be the big sellers of the Exchange. There are certain abilities only found on BO's and I'm sure more will be introduced over time as BO exculsive. You will want to look and see what abilities your BO has to know what to post it at.

People will look for these rare abilities when buying BO's.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I only recently started looking at BOFFs on the exchange, and haven't yet seen a purple posted for less than ~150k. Blue I've seen as low as 200, and haven't looked at green or white.

Best bet is to search as specific to the types of BOFFs you wish to sell and check the prices there first. Specifice meaning race also as human purples are upwards of 500k-1m.

GL
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I bought a purple for 10k. A couple for around 50k, most are 100k +
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
It really depends on what abilities they have.

Greens are pretty much worthless, unless they have the efficient trait, in which case they'll go for 1.5-2 mil, typically. Believe this only exists for Saurens.

Blues, like greens, aren't worth much. Don't think they can get efficient, at least, never seen any with the trait up for sale.

Purples, in general, have a bit more value because they are purple. Which really means nothing, but I guess it makes people feel better about themselves. But some do have value.

An engineer with RSP III, for example, is worth the most of the engineering BOffs that I've seen. Second to that is Auxiliary Power To Structural Integrity III. Both of these powers are only attainable this way and supply vs demand does the rest.

Supposedly, the very rares can also have things like ST III and Engineering Team III in their Lt Cmdr slot. Haven't seen one of those yet. If these do exist, then obviously they are quite rare and quite in demand. They'd be the most valuable of the lot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I see some purple BOs on the exchange for 9,999,999. I wonder if some sucker will actually pay that one day. At what point do you start getting purple BOs as a reward anyway? I'm getting blues at lt. commander.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTVIII
I see some purple BOs on the exchange for 9,999,999. I wonder if some sucker will actually pay that one day. At what point do you start getting purple BOs as a reward anyway? I'm getting blues at lt. commander.
Purple is admiral level.

And the max price ones are most likely people using the exchange as storage. You can only have 10 unassigned BOffs. You cannot stick them in a bank. So what do you do with ones you want to save for an alt or maybe use later, once you are out of room?