Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Hm nice idea...

I have been getting blue BO officers randomly after a mission, even if the mission is repeatable. But I hear RA 5s only have 3 missions to do a day. How many could they possibly pile up, I wonder...

I also agree with your sig and proposed info.

I wonder why the game keeps track of how many BO skill points you've spent, is there a point to that? I mean you ditch an old BO for a better one, he/she is gone forever and those points aren't coming back. But why keep track?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTVIII
Hm nice idea...

I have been getting blue BO officers randomly after a mission, even if the mission is repeatable. But I hear RA 5s only have 3 missions to do a day. How many could they possibly pile up, I wonder...
You don't get BOffs randomly after missions actually. You get them on attaining certain levels. In the RA levels, you get one for each.

Quote:
I also agree with your sig and proposed info.
Thanks. Now if only the devs would agree and implement it, that way, I could have room in my sig for other things

Quote:
I wonder why the game keeps track of how many BO skill points you've spent, is there a point to that? I mean you ditch an old BO for a better one, he/she is gone forever and those points aren't coming back. But why keep track?
Why not keep track? People like silly things, like what is the biggest hit they've ever done, how many klingons they've killed, and so on. Just fun little tidbits to compare and contrast, to browse over. Sort of like knowing your played time, only not as prone to make you wonder just how much more productive you could have been with all that time...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
So technically you would only ever get 5 purple BOs per character, then?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Something is worth what others are willing to pay for it.

For instance, very rare Andorian Bridge Officers with Superior Fury and Superior Aggression are very expensive these days.

A very rare item or BO is just that - its very rare. Additionally only Andorians get Fury or Superior Fury. Even then, I doubt more than 10% of Andorians get Fury of any form. Perhaps only 10% of Andorians get Aggression. Its hard to say but Id guestimate that at best 2 out of 100 or at most 1 in 50 very rare Andorians gets superior fury plus superior aggression.

These BO's are very cool because Fury improves and gets better and better the closer your BO gets to death. Aggression draws fire away from yourself and your other away team members and attracts fire and damage to the character that fights harder when hes hurt and bleeding. So you get 3 stacks of damage improvement with Fury, Aggression, and Acute Senses which adds 10% exploit damage to Andorians and is a required trait. You can cheap out on armor and shield for your SF / SA Andorian because you want him fighting at his best when hes half dead.

You put a good weapon on one of these guys and hes just an absolute beast as he or she walks around like some kind of mad Terminator taking damage and liking it and then just absolutely destroying armies and factions all by his or herself. These guys get down below 10% health and they become just flat out destructive and its unlikely your team will lose. If you have another officer with superior team exploit then the away team just is dynamite because your Andorian can have 4 potential buffs of damage potential stacking up and making him some kind of beast like robo warrior that just starts cutting down armies all by themself.

Now, I dont know whether buying one of these ultra rare and hard to find BO's is worth the insane prices that are being listed on the exchange but they clearly give a ground based away team a tactical advantage and their rarity and effectiveness is priced to match that potential. There are weapons on the exchange priced at well over a million so perhaps a Rambo / Terminator type freakazoid bad to the bone Andorian bridge officer with superior damage potential isnt really so outrageous.

The short version again is that BO's are usually priced at levels people are willing to pay and the market value is what decides their worth. Rarity combining with upgrades in potential effectiveness can get expensive and therein is the rub when deciding market value. Everybody wants something better than the next guy has and chasing that extra Nth of performance potential can get expensive. So some BO's end up having more value than others.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Interesting. So is 5 purple BOs the most anyone can get on their own?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, believe it is 5.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2010, 02:07 AM
You could probably own more than 5 purples but I think that the most you can use is 5. I dont know of any ships that allow for more than 5 stations for bridger officers or any away missions where you can have more than 5 members
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Why so many purple BOs on the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
I have been selling my green brige officers for 20 energy, my blue ones for 50. I will need to start selling my purple ones soon. I was thinking that 100 energy seems to be about the right price, but others in my fleet say that is too low.

What do you sell your bridge officers for? Note sell, not put on sale at, there are some on sale at a billion energy but they aint gonna sell, I want a price that they will sell at.

Also, what do you use energy for? Apart from my runabout I haven't spent any.
Traits only affect ground. So for kdf, which has no ground pve BOs are all worth 100, whatever their color.

For Fed, I might pay as high as, maybe 250 for a purple. That's 250, not 250 thousand btw.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2010, 04:04 AM
Why so many purples on exchange = There are a lot of admirals.

The problem with selling Bridge Officers is that the Exchange search is pretty terrible. First of all you have this CLOUD of auctions, most of which are, simply put, garbage. Crappy boffs with no valuable skills are being listed at retarded prices. Some people are probably using the exchange for storage, which shouldnt be allowed, some are doing it because they think they actually stand a chance of ripping people off, and some people are just ignorant to the value.

The end result is that even specifying a specific race/station combo will give you hundreds of results which you have to manually search one by one to find a specific skill. And then you don't even know if its male or female (if that's an issue, which it is for a lot of people).