Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
As per the title, from looking through the logs for both space and ground combat it seems reasonably clear to me that critical hits are not functioning correctly for the player character in either space or ground combat.

I've been using attack pattern alpha III in space whilst looking for criticals, and target optics III along with chromodynamic armour on the ground - and +crit chance weapons for both. This should bring both crit chance and severity up to a point where it would be impossible to overlook them, but I'm seeing nothing close to the number or severity I should be seeing given my modifiers - and this is both looking for anything flagged as 'critical' and for simply higher damage hits.

If this is the case, it's a pretty massive oversight, and renders most advanced loot a complete waste of time.

First off, can I get some feedback from the community on whether they're seeing similar results?

If so, is this working as designed or is something seriously wrong?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty certain I've seen a Critical notification on the ground, but they are very far between, and I'm pretty sure the only time I've seen it come up was when I used an exploit attack on an exposed target.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-02-2010, 03:21 PM
*bump*

Am I completely wrong? Does noone care?

Is this not a critical bug if true?

Could I get an admin response perhaps?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
The designers have been investigating this issue and adjustments have been made in a build that will be going to the new Tribble Test Server sometime next week.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I have seen "bigger than normal" hits several times in the last few days as per normal, but no, nothing's being flagged as a "critical" like it used to be.

I saw a Mk IV photon torpedo (with +0.1 to Acc) hit for nearly twice the normal damage on hull last night (about 5.5 k) so it is possible to get what appear to be critical hits I believe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-02-2010, 09:29 PM
been bringing this up since beta... who even knows how the bonus stats work on space items
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
i have been playing since the start of head start.. and i can still count on my hands the amount of times i have seen critical appear on damage in space.

on a side note. it would also be NICE. if the shield damage was not so hidden from view.. as it is now. the shield damage in space and on the ground is a almost 100% translucent bluish small number in the bottom right corner of the target.... why oh why is it so hard to see. for the longest time i didnt see it and i was constently thinking.. 22 DPS my A** im seeing 2 damage per hit here. would be nice if those numbers were represented next to each other.. you know blue for shields and yellow/red for armor/health.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I play a Klingon with a 5.5% base critical chance.
My Bathlet has a +2% crit chance.
Unfortunately those 2% are not displayed in the character sheet. It should be 7.5%, right?

I am not sure if its just a display bug, or in fact not working.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thasaint View Post
been bringing this up since beta... who even knows how the bonus stats work on space items
Id like to know that too. Im not sure how people can figure it out, if anyone has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwan View Post
i have been playing since the start of head start.. and i can still count on my hands the amount of times i have seen critical appear on damage in space.

on a side note. it would also be NICE. if the shield damage was not so hidden from view.. as it is now. the shield damage in space and on the ground is a almost 100% translucent bluish small number in the bottom right corner of the target.... why oh why is it so hard to see. for the longest time i didnt see it and i was constently thinking.. 22 DPS my A** im seeing 2 damage per hit here. would be nice if those numbers were represented next to each other.. you know blue for shields and yellow/red for armor/health.
Ive NEVER seen the shield damage numbers. Until I saw your post, I thought they just werent displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgazer View Post
I play a Klingon with a 5.5% base critical chance.
My Bathlet has a +2% crit chance.
Unfortunately those 2% are not displayed in the character sheet. It should be 7.5%, right?

I am not sure if its just a display bug, or in fact not working.
The critical chance is displayed in the character page, but the individual bonuses would likely be too numerous to show individually.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
The critical chance is displayed in the character page, but the individual bonuses would likely be too numerous to show individually.
I think its quite confusing, that my Bathlet Crit Chance isnt added to the character sheet,
but the 5% Crit chance of my armor is displayed.

So at te moment my sheet shows: 10,5% Crit Chance
5,5% from Traits
5,0% from armor
and I wear a Bathlet +2% (not displayed)

So, wouldnt it be logical to show the player that you have now 12,5% Crit Chance?

And I am not saying to display those "numerous" Crit Chance numbers individually,
but to display them added up or condensed in the character sheet.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.